Author Topic: McKenzie Seeds - 2011 / Brooklyn & Hurricane  (Read 169868 times)

Offline allikat

• Phanatic
  • Old Bird
McKenzie Seeds - 2011 / May
« Reply #205 on: May 05, 2011, 20:56 »
Well, I certainly am expecting to hear from Rose and Rapidcitymbfan!!!  
They are the eyes and the ears of our Brandon pair!!!  
Keep it up ladies!!!!!!  
« Last Edit: May 05, 2011, 20:58 by allikat »

Offline RCF

• Old Bird
« Reply #204 on: May 05, 2011, 14:30 »

Sorry, should have said that I "don't expect to hear anything from Dan for a few days".
And of course your observations count - we would be in dire straits without them!!  :-*

;D ;D

Online The Peregrine Chick

• Administrator
  • Old Bird
    • Peregrine Falcon Recovery Project (Manitoba)
« Reply #203 on: May 05, 2011, 12:28 »
Don't expect to hear anything for a few days as Hurricane and Brooklyn have only just started incubating.  But all looked great to Dan when he was there last, so no news is excellent news at this site for the time being.

??? ???

Don't our observations count? 

Sorry, should have said that I "don't expect to hear anything from Dan for a few days".
And of course your observations count - we would be in dire straits without them!!  :-*

Offline des

• Phanatic
  • Chick
« Reply #202 on: May 05, 2011, 11:29 »
You know they do!  I'm always checking and I appreciate it all.

Offline Moonstar

• Phanatic
  • Fledgling
« Reply #201 on: May 05, 2011, 10:09 »
Don't expect to hear anything for a few days as Hurricane and Brooklyn have only just started incubating.  But all looked great to Dan when he was there last, so no news is excellent news at this site for the time being.

??? ???

As far as I am concerned your observations count.  I look forward to reports from all of you in the Brandon area.  Keep them coming.

Offline RCF

• Old Bird
« Reply #200 on: May 05, 2011, 08:46 »

??? ???

• Administrator
  • Old Bird
« Reply #199 on: May 05, 2011, 07:25 »

Offline bev.

• Phanatic
  • Old Bird
« Reply #198 on: May 04, 2011, 16:58 »
great to have 4 eggs but pays havoc watching those young ones from the ground   ;D

Nice pcitures RCF, Saw pictures of flooding on news Hope it is not near your homes

Offline Rose

• Phanatic
  • Fledgling
« Reply #197 on: May 04, 2011, 14:37 »
Could have been Dan though he's out of town alot and I know he checked on the little darlings just a couple of days ago.  But with the flooding et al, not to mention your power/internet outages, his schedule could easily have changed.
yesterday it was definitely the workers on the building across the street, they were installing more equipment on the tower just where Brooklyn likes to perch ::)

• Administrator
  • Old Bird
« Reply #196 on: May 04, 2011, 12:37 »
Could have been Dan though he's out of town alot and I know he checked on the little darlings just a couple of days ago.  But with the flooding et al, not to mention your power/internet outages, his schedule could easily have changed.

Offline Rose

• Phanatic
  • Fledgling
« Reply #195 on: May 04, 2011, 12:18 »
Could be that the construction/demolition work is back up and running in the building.  I know Brandon had power outages and still has some problems with their internet connections in some places so perhaps this is there first day back.

(for those who are new, the McKenzie Seeds Building is being converted into condos)
over the last 2 years the Mck.Bld. has been almost completly gutted on the inside but this didn't seem to bother the falcons but it is when they see some one on the communication building across the street or on the tower itself that they get upset, spring into action yelling and diving at the intruders before finally settling down and just glaring at the workers.Zeus used to do this when he saw anyone on the roof of a building that normally didn't have people even one that was 2 blocks away. ;D
The other times Brooklyn gets upset and makes a big fuss is when Dan goes up to the spybox to check on them(I'm sure Dan yells at him just to get his attention ;) ::) LOL)
« Last Edit: May 04, 2011, 12:24 by Rose »

• Administrator
  • Old Bird
« Reply #194 on: May 04, 2011, 09:15 »
Could be that the construction/demolition work is back up and running in the building.  I know Brandon had power outages and still has some problems with their internet connections in some places so perhaps this is there first day back.

(for those who are new, the McKenzie Seeds Building is being converted into condos)

Offline RCF

• Old Bird
« Reply #193 on: May 03, 2011, 20:58 »
This morning Brooklyn was perched up on the tower preening and Hurricane was in the nest box.  The nest faces east and gets the morning sun and I could see by the shadows on the wall in the back of the nest that Hurricane was doing a lot of moving around, could see her tail sticking out once in a while........ maybe rolling her four eggs  :-*   ;D  

After work, I watched Hurricane bolt out of the nest yelling her head off and perch on the east light. I could see three guys get on the roof of the mts building and that's when Brooklyn started yelling and flying over and around the tower two or three times,  I'm thinking he wasn't very happy. >:(  Eventually he went and perched on the south light. Hurricane never budged and stayed on the light.    :)

The first two pics in slide show are from this morning.

SLIDE-SHOW
http://www.flickr.com/photos/61724336@N06/sets/72157626517937167/show/
Brooklyn

« Last Edit: May 03, 2011, 21:02 by Rapidcitymbfan »

Offline Saoirse

• Phanatic
  • Old Bird
« Reply #192 on: May 03, 2011, 10:01 »
Wow -- an exciting year for Manitoba peregrines, with four eggs both here and at the Radisson! Now, if Jules and Beau follow suit . . .

• Administrator
  • Old Bird
« Reply #191 on: May 03, 2011, 09:59 »
We have four eggs in Brandon for Hurricane and Brooklyn!! 

Dan reports that when he checked on the birds on Sunday she was snowy but stuck like glue to her eggs (just like Princess at the Radisson).  Incubation is believed to have started on Friday and that the fourth egg was laid Saturday.  So we should see hatching start just after May 30th.