Author Topic: Radisson - 2011 / Ivy & Princess  (Read 228973 times)

Offline susha

• Phanatic
  • Old Bird
Re: Radisson - 2011 / April
« Reply #231 on: April 01, 2011, 17:24 »
Thanks for the photos Pam!

Offline The Peregrine Chick

• Administrator
  • Old Bird
    • Peregrine Falcon Recovery Project (Manitoba)
« Reply #230 on: April 01, 2011, 11:44 »
Finally a bird lands on the Sterling bldg, ran to get my scope as it was the male having a meal.......too late to get a band number.  Took some fuzzy pics through our dirty windows, but they will not be clear enough. 

They could help us narrow him down though Pam, so don't sell your fuzzy photos short!!

• Administrator
  • Old Bird
« Reply #229 on: April 01, 2011, 11:43 »
Spent the better part of 2 afternoons topside, and had a couple visitors.  First one verrrry quiet.  Did however try to crap on me a couple times, but just stayed on the tower and watched, and not a peep.   Yesterday, 1 visit, noisey brat with a great big yap......

Not sure who the first was, but the second was surely the old hag herself.   ;)

...don't listen to him, TPC, you're not an old hag... ;)

Thanks Jadoo  :-* ;D

Offline Pam

• Phanatic
  • Fledgling
« Reply #228 on: April 01, 2011, 11:43 »
Finally a bird lands on the Sterling bldg, ran to get my scope as it was the male having a meal.......too late to get a band number.  Took some fuzzy pics through our dirty windows, but they will not be clear enough. 

Offline Stormy

• Phanatic
  • Hatchling
« Reply #227 on: April 01, 2011, 10:50 »
Good to know that they are getting down to business.  Thanks!

Offline Mother Hen

• Phanatic
  • Chick
« Reply #226 on: April 01, 2011, 10:40 »
Had to go to my other window and saw somebirdy snoozing on the Manitoba Hydro B.....I can also see a crow's nest right at my window.....

Offline Kinderchick

• Phanatic
  • Old Bird
« Reply #225 on: April 01, 2011, 09:18 »
Princess on the ledge the other day...

And Mr.? today...

Great photos, Pam! :D But does this mean they're spending alot of time on the east nestledge and not so much in the west nestbox? ??? That's not so good, is it? :-\

Offline jadoo

• Phanatic
  • Fledgling
Radisson - 2011 / April
« Reply #224 on: April 01, 2011, 08:46 »
Spent the better part of 2 afternoons topside, and had a couple visitors.  First one verrrry quiet.  Did however try to crap on me a couple times, but just stayed on the tower and watched, and not a peep.   Yesterday, 1 visit, noisey brat with a great big yap......

...don't listen to him, TPC, you're not an old hag... ;)

• Administrator
  • Old Bird
Re: Radisson - 2011 / March
« Reply #223 on: March 31, 2011, 22:30 »
My first question is - since Sandy and a male had been doing the unmentionable, does that mean Sandy has fertilized eggs that she has to lay somewhere?  On her own??

From what I saw, it was more like second base rather than a homerun between Sandy and her male companion.  They were really just starting courtship so I don't think there is much (if any) chance she's in the "family way".  ;)

Have Princess and the unknown male been doing whoopie?  I haven't noticed any posting on going blind watching them . . . :D

The computer hardware connected to the cams is being upgraded at the moment so I'm afraid I have had no opportunity to witness any whoopie downtown in the last week.  So yes, my eyesight is just fine  ;D  Maybe some of the other spotters downtown have though.  When the cams are back and as the pair start to resume some of their old habits we will get more oppotunities to go "blind"  :D

Offline des

• Phanatic
  • Chick
« Reply #222 on: March 31, 2011, 21:55 »
Thanks for the photos.  Great to see.

Offline Pam

• Phanatic
  • Fledgling
« Reply #221 on: March 31, 2011, 19:58 »
I've come out of the shadows to shed light ( ;D) on some of the pressing questions I have with all of the action that has taken place in the last weeks.

My first question is - since Sandy and a male had been doing the unmentionable, does that mean Sandy has fertilized eggs that she has to lay somewhere?  On her own??

Have Princess and the unknown male been doing whoopie?  I haven't noticed any posting on going blind watching them . . . :D

Oh yes they have!  I need new glasses..... :o

Offline Pam

• Phanatic
  • Fledgling
« Reply #220 on: March 31, 2011, 19:58 »
And Mr.? today:

Offline Pam

• Phanatic
  • Fledgling
« Reply #219 on: March 31, 2011, 19:57 »
Princess on the ledge the other day:

Offline Eye-spy

• Project
  • Chick
« Reply #218 on: March 31, 2011, 17:54 »

Offline Stormy

• Phanatic
  • Hatchling
« Reply #217 on: March 31, 2011, 17:36 »
I've come out of the shadows to shed light ( ;D) on some of the pressing questions I have with all of the action that has taken place in the last weeks.