Author Topic: 2010 - Kinderchicklets / Can't Wait For the Falcon Webcam!  (Read 1855 times)

Offline Kinderchick

• Phanatic
  • Old Bird
Re: Can't Wait For the Falcon Webcam!
« Reply #3 on: May 12, 2010, 12:16 »
 ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D  ;D These are 23 very happy Kinderchicklets, Tracy! Now that Phoebe the Hummingbird's 2 eggs have hatched and Mama & Papa Goose have left with their baby gosling, the 'chicklets were thrilled to see Princess nesting on her eggs this morning! ;D Thanks to you, Dennis, Larry, CBC/Shaw and all others who have made this possible! And the adventure begins! ;D

Offline The Peregrine Chick

• Administrator
  • Old Bird
    • Peregrine Falcon Recovery Project (Manitoba)
Re: Can't Wait For the Falcon Webcam!
« Reply #2 on: May 11, 2010, 13:16 »
Good Morning Kinderchicklets!

I have a surprise for you ... I knew you all were coming in for classes this morning and made sure that the webcam would be "alive" so you could see Princess and Ivy and their eggs.  Its a little dark in there right now because Princess and Ivy have laid their eggs so close to the back of the nestbox so they could keep dry.  Its hard for a bird who has to sit on eggs all day and all night to stay dry when it rains.  Its not like they can pick them up and take them somewhere else.  So we gave them a roof on part of their nestbox so they could stay dry when they need to.  It does mean that its a bit darker there right now.  I'm working on finding a way to get more light in there without scaring the birds but its not ready quite yet.  Hopefully it won't take much longer!

Offline Kinderchick

• Phanatic
  • Old Bird
2010 - Kinderchicklets / Can't Wait For the Falcon Webcam!
« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2010, 20:27 »
I showed the Kinderchicklets Dennis's photo of Princess as well as her 4 eggs, that was in the Free Press this past Saturday, Tracy. They were very impressed!  :-* I think they had no idea that Princess was so famous! ;) They wanted me to tell you that they can hardly wait to watch Princess & Ivy & their eggs on the webcam this coming Wednesday! Will the webcam be on by the time the 'chicklets come to school Wednesday morning?  :-\