Manitoba Peregrines > Radisson Peregrines

Radisson - 2009 / Trey & Princess

<< < (1439/1988) > >>

The Peregrine Chick:

--- Quote from: ballywing on June 08, 2009, 18:41 ---
--- Quote from: Moonstar on June 08, 2009, 18:13 ---Princess looks so wet.  I am thinking like a human now and I am going to ask a question which may sound dumb.  With all this rain falling on Princess today and she looks so wet, does she get wet and chilled right to the bone like people do?  Can she get sick from this cold wet weather?   Tonight will most likely get colder, will she be okay?

--- End quote ---
Not dumb at all Moonstar, I was wondering the exact same thing!! :-\ (Or maybe we're both dumb)  :P

--- End quote ---

She's been wet before this year and seems to have weathered it just fine.  Keep in mind that she has a layer of insulating downy feathers next to her skin, you can see some of them now that she's drenched so with luck she's managing to keep some air puff up in the downy feathers and she's able to keep warmer that way (think duvet or down jacket).  Right now the chicks are restless and there is some wind blowing so its hard to tell if she's shaking or getting blown and that's what is making her feathers flutter.  Maybe six of one, half dozen of another.  What we need is for the rain to stop so that Trey can come in and keep the kids warm while she goes off to dry off and all squared away.  AT the moment there seems to be some serious lightening in the west so hopefully that will mean the rain is on its way out for the evening ...

nibs:
poor Princess, wish she would get a break from that lousy rain!

ballywing:

--- Quote from: Moonstar on June 08, 2009, 18:13 ---Princess looks so wet.  I am thinking like a human now and I am going to ask a question which may sound dumb.  With all this rain falling on Princess today and she looks so wet, does she get wet and chilled right to the bone like people do?  Can she get sick from this cold wet weather?   Tonight will most likely get colder, will she be okay?

--- End quote ---
Not dumb at all Moonstar, I was wondering the exact same thing!! :-\ (Or maybe we're both dumb)  :P

The Friesens:
Oh my! My heart sunk  :o when I first logged on, I also had the worse fear of my imagination!  ??? Glad I read the posts first!  :D Thank You all for being able to watch and post so we can keep track of what is happening. Your all God sent! Praying the rain stops and some warmth appears soon for them. Thank You again!

Moonstar:
Princess looks so wet.  I am thinking like a human now and I am going to ask a question which may sound dumb.  With all this rain falling on Princess today and she looks so wet, does she get wet and chilled right to the bone like people do?  Can she get sick from this cold wet weather?   Tonight will most likely get colder, will she be okay?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version