Manitoba Peregrines > Radisson Peregrines

Radisson - 2009 / Trey & Princess

<< < (1427/1988) > >>

Marie:
ah......little chick pile.....sooo sweet!!!!  somebody needs to do some housecleaning......Where are you Trey????

bev.:
11:30 winnipeg time
appears gusty there,
adult wa perched on edge of box at 1 and chicks are chilling in the box.
Adult now gone
A gust came and the dark feathers in box were fluttering
sorry I do not have capability here to post pictures.
Chicks are huddles together on left side.
I must add again ,how much better I feel with this box there.
Seems to be bits of snack in box.
One chick is more alert than others.(he has been appointed the sitter  LOL

blue_eyes:
Now you know the chicks are getting bigger when a poop goes flying OVER the top of the container.  Nice shot, guys!

blue_eyes:
I have just come back to the screen to see the chicks and I stared at the picture wondering what happened....it just looked like someone had dumped a potful of oatmeal.  They were all huddled together and one parent was perched on the side of the box.  The chicks are huddled together and they seem to be taking up more than half of the box....no room for momma.  I think she just wants to take a rest from the "playroom" antics of yesterday.  I think I saw pops trying to provide cover this morning, but I think he just gave up and let them put their heads under some cover.  They are growing soooo quickly.

The Peregrine Chick:
Here are a few ...

He's smaller and lighter overall in colour. 
He's breast is white, her's has speckles.
She's got a crown of lighter coloured feathers around the back of her head, he has a full black cap.
He has a black band on one leg, a silver band on the other; she's got a green & black band on one leg, silver on the other.

There is also some photos that might help in our photo gallery - www.pbase.com/speciesatrisk/pefa_2009_id/

Good luck!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version