Manitoba Peregrines > Radisson Peregrines

Radisson - 2009 / Trey & Princess

<< < (1359/1988) > >>

JL:
Yum!  Snack time!   ;D

eagle63_1999:
Ah  you are all becoming fine birdwatchers and I have TPC to thank for that and CBC and Shaw for putting up the camera to get you all watching YIPEEEEE

bccs:
And I see a lot of the birdie bits on my way to work. Used to gross me out, now I just think happy, full chicks ;D

Pchemist:
well, without the work of P&T they'd be cleaning up a lot more pigeon poo.  :)

The Peregrine Chick:

--- Quote from: Kinderchick on June 10, 2009, 13:46 ---And another bird "bites the dust!" I was wondering, do the parents just drop the "remains of the day" over the ledge, splat, right down on the sidewalk, in front of the Radisson?! I wouldn't want to be walking down Portage Ave. at that moment in time!!!
--- End quote ---

The adults take the prey remains away so that they don't attract attention to the nest-site.  Usually, they drop them over by the rivers, well out of range.  Usually all we find on roof tops are heads, a couple of wings.  Occasionally, we will find more body parts, but that seems to usually be as a result of an accidental drop rather than an intented one.  But there usually are "birdy-bits" on the streets near the Hotel, but over the last 30 years, the Hotel has gotten used to sweeping them up on a regular basis ...

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version