Manitoba Peregrines > Radisson Peregrines
Radisson - 2009 / Trey & Princess
sami:
I haven't heard a thing from TPC about the fledge watch - don't know if anybody else has - so I have no idea whether I'm expected to be down there tomorrow or not. Plus my computer keeps crashing. I hope it gets over its hissy fit nonsense because I'd hate to be absent when I should be there, all because I didn't get the message.
BirdLover:
--- Quote from: Rapidcitymbfan on July 03, 2009, 21:49 ---I was reading that the parents bait the chicks with prey when they are ready to fly, so maybe we will see them do this. 8)
--- End quote ---
And where is Dennis when we need him to take pics of that? That would be soooo cool to see. Dontcha think? Thanks for sharing that RCF!!!!
bcbird:
TPC likely PM'd all the fledge watchers, but I'm interested in knowing.... who will be down there, how many at a time, and for how long ? Will you wave every hour, on the hour?
Did you get another list of what to bring from TPC, as for the field trip to Brandon?
bccs:
--- Quote from: Saoirse on July 03, 2009, 20:00 ---
--- Quote from: bccs on July 03, 2009, 19:52 ---this is normal guys, think of a cliff.
--- End quote ---
Yeah, I know that the rest of their lives will be much scarier than this -- but, bccs, are you saying that it doesn't send your heart into your throat?
--- End quote ---
Of course is does Saorise. But TPC said in a couple of places that they must have the the natural ability to grow and survive. If the chicks are unable to instinctively do that, then this is a part of the gene pool that is not encouraged. Sounds cruel, but makes ultimate sense.
It's nature and while we personify the chicks, we must be aware that nature, not out hearts rule.
( yup i'm just as scared for the chicks as the rest of you, just have to let logic rule.Keeps me sane. ;D ;D )
Marie:
Really wish those two little darlins would get off that ledge and settle down for the night...it's bed time ::)...allllllright ..one is down :-*......always one who won't listen ::) stay safe little ones and don't fledge until I get up in the am and perk my coffee...pleeease :-*
Navigation
[0] Message Index
[#] Next page
[*] Previous page
Go to full version