Manitoba Peregrines > Radisson Peregrines
Radisson - 2009 / Trey & Princess
allikat:
Great report KC!!! Love the descriptions of what you experienced today.
Sounds like we have a "friendly neighborhood Spiderman" on our hands. ::)
Rose:
I can't seem to get off this computer,watched sis and LC? for the last hour so finally had to do some work.Did someone else fly in?
Kinderchick:
Finally back home from the downtown and some "real life" errands, etc. Just finished reading all the posts since I left for Fledge Watch early this morning. Spent about an hour and a half by myself, bird watching and talking to strangers (now I can relate to TPC talking with strangers!) and a few minutes with msdolittle, bccs, sami, 2kawaii and her own fledglings as well as LinderLou. Whenever I noticed any movement of either of the boys, I phoned TPC to give her a tracking report, which I see that she has already posted. Thank you for saving me some typing, TPC! ;) I would just add 2 things, from my observations this morning. With my binocs, I could observe that the brother who spent a good deal of his morning on the very left corner of the Paris Bldg., on the tiny lattice ledge, with Trey watching from only a few feet above, on the same bldg., had a huge snack to munch on when he wasn't tucked away snoozing. And Princess had a great vantage point overseeing all of her babes from the roof of the very tall Kensington Bldg. :) Another thing that I want to mention is that the brother who appears to be doing the "wall walking" on the Radisson, just near the nestledge, is pretty adept at this. While it may, to the camera, appear that he is hitting the wall, he in fact is landing on the wall quite well, clinging onto the tiny slits in the wall. He can, however, only climb the wall where these slits are, so that is why he can't stay there for long and must fly off somewhere else. His flying skills do appear to be developing very well, with a few swoops and turns. At least, this is how I have observed things this morning in the down! :D
Donna:
almost looks like bro is sitting there trying to talk sis into trying this new thing called flying......he's saying "come on now try it. its lots of fun"
Donna
nibs:
--- Quote from: The Peregrine Chick on July 06, 2009, 13:24 ---
- male 2 is the the fascination down below - he's on the window ledge of the nest ledge feature - for those of you who haven't seen photos of the Radisson, this little triangular feature is a window in a meeting room - the window looks northeast so you can see Portage & Main from the Hotel. The window is on the side we can't see - and there is apparently a ledge wide enough for a peregrine chick to walk back and forth on - new one to me, can't even remember there being a ledge there - and certainly not somewhere either of the adults has ever tried to roost on ... Don't know how long he'll remain there but their flight skills are greatly improved so he can get off, perhaps not gracefully, but he can get off if/when he wants to ...
- both adults are circling around overhead
Ground Forces continuing to patrol the area - thanks Debc52, LinderLou, Sami & Bccs (and Pam and Mother Hen from their offices!)
--- End quote ---
Willmax posted a pic with the window in the ledge July 4 Post #290
MMMMMMMMMM...pellets!
Navigation
[0] Message Index
[#] Next page
[*] Previous page
Go to full version