Manitoba Peregrines > Radisson Peregrines

Radisson - 2009 / Trey & Princess

<< < (437/1988) > >>

Kinderchick:
Great update, Sami! Sorry you got such a sunburn! Now you know why I choose the early morning!  ;)


--- Quote ---Kinderchick, I'll prob wander over every day after work this week, so hope to see you.
--- End quote ---
If I come down in the evening, it will only be tomorrow, Liz because I'm leaving for holidays early Wed. morning. I'm probably going to miss seeing Sis fledge! :'(

Night all, morning will come soon enough!

Liz:
Great report, sami.  Having seen some of it, you've described everything wonderfully!  And lol on the flapping
--- Quote from: sami on July 06, 2009, 23:00 ---That was when one landed on the bottom of the window. he sat there for quite some time, trying to figure out how to get his wings open - oops, wings open but facing window, oops, can only get one wing open. Finally he got turned outwards, opened both wings and took off,
--- End quote ---

Liz:
Kinderchick, I'll prob wander over every day after work this week, so hope to see you.  

allikat, I couldn't tell either -- the boys look the same to me.  

sami:
What a day! I won't need a night light, I've got such a sunburn (never thought to take sunscreen with me and I burn very easily) that I practically glow in the dark! But it was worth it, every minute.
When I first got downtown, Kinderchick was the only one there, she pointed out where one chick and Princess were, bccs checked in, and others came and went all day, some for longer than others, but I never got lonely. Thanks group! We could see only one chick for some time, until that one flew north to the Marlborough Hotel. There was a food drop (Trey, I think), then one bird took off, downward, which scared us. Bccs and debc52 went to check the alley because there were two vans parked there and we couldn't see past them. I went back to Portage to try to see the other bird and saw all four circling around overhead. Of course at that point I totally lost who was who. (whom?) That was when one landed on the bottom of the window. he sat there for quite some time, trying to figure out how to get his wings open - oops, wings open but facing window, oops, can only get one wing open. Finally he got turned outwards, opened both wings and took off, circled, came back and landed on the ledge of one of the windows on the front of the hotel. sat there for a while before taking off again. Not sure if he's the wall climber because shortly after that one landed on the nest ledge just below the top, stayed briefly, then kicked off and flew away. Meanwhile the other one had taken off from the nestledge and headed north up Smith, making like a mini-jet, gaining altitude rapidly.  Narrowly missing the windows (Kensington building?), he sailed off. I guessed hotshot, because he seemed to have more control than the other.
From then on it was a matter of trying to keep track of who was where.Luckily Sis stayed put, but she is one gorgeous chick when you see her with the sun on her. All gold and brown!
Sorry I missed you, allikat, but I had to get home to feed the furries, it was well past their 4pm feeding! And yes, there was a constant stream of people coming to ask us what we were doing, asking about the birds, etc. Even had one who said she was a visitor to the forum.

Kinderchick:
Thanks for your detailed update of your Fledge Watching evening, allikat!  And thanks for sending both boys home to bed! :D I almost made it to the down tonight, but not quite. Possibly tomorrow evening?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version