Manitoba Peregrines > Radisson Peregrines
Radisson - 2009 / Trey & Princess
Saoirse:
Looks as though she's settling in for a nap against the wall, so she'll be out of sight from the street.
willmax11:
Perhaps the parents feel she is ready, no meals for at least 12 hours?
Unless I missed it this morning.
allikat:
--- Quote from: bev. on July 07, 2009, 09:11 ---I am just checking in again. I saw her nibbling and then hop up with wings spread onto ledge.
She could use a few more days. I am expecting the parents to start cutting back on her food today or tomorrow .
In Ottawa they just kept feeding the female and she was huge.
It took her several days after the male to make her maiden flight.
will check back later
--- End quote ---
Yeah...she probably figures she's got a good deal here. Food comes in when it's supposed to and she gets it all if the two brothers don't get back on time.
What a life...we'll see what happens in the next couple of days.
bev.:
I am just checking in again. I saw her nibbling and then hop up with wings spread onto ledge.
She could use a few more days. I am expecting the parents to start cutting back on her food today or tomorrow .
In Ottawa they just kept feeding the female and she was huge.
It took her several days after the male to make her maiden flight.
will check back later
allikat:
--- Quote from: Saoirse on July 07, 2009, 08:58 ---
--- Quote from: Pchemist on July 07, 2009, 08:51 ---I'm content for her to exercise her wings and wait to fly for a couple more days. She's big!
--- End quote ---
Yeah, she really IS big -- she's going to be a wonderful sight to see when she takes to the sky! But, like you, I'm glad she's content to wait for a while -- hope the boys don't tempt her with their taunting from the dome!
--- End quote ---
I have a feeling that she will go on her own time...she looks quite content having the ledge all to herself so she can play helicopter flapping with leftovers in her talon, which I find so cute to watch.
Navigation
[0] Message Index
[#] Next page
[*] Previous page
Go to full version