Author Topic: Allen's Hummingbirds - California / Phoebe  (Read 44744 times)

Offline Elaine L

• Phanatic
  • Fledgling
Re: Allen's Hummingbirds - California / Phoebe (2010)
« Reply #114 on: November 03, 2010, 12:15 »
Kinderchick, I can't see any eggs in the nest today; the other day, I saw one.  Are they well hidden?

Offline Kinderchick

• Phanatic
  • Old Bird
« Reply #113 on: November 02, 2010, 12:47 »
Phoebe has laid her 2nd egg today!  8) "Hatch watch" should begin around November 16th!  :D Egg-citing!!!  ;D

Offline Kinderchick

• Phanatic
  • Old Bird
« Reply #112 on: October 31, 2010, 20:24 »
Phoebe laid her first egg of the season this morning at 6:57, California time!  :D

Offline Kinderchick

• Phanatic
  • Old Bird
« Reply #111 on: October 29, 2010, 19:21 »
Wow! :o Thanks for letting us know, bcf... This will be interesting for my Kinderchicklets to see. I didn't think that she would be back to nesting and laying eggs yet. Her last clutch was laid in late April with Hoku fledging in early June. Well, I guess she's had 4 months off.  :P She sure is a busy bird! :D

Offline birdcamfan

• Phanatic
  • Old Bird
« Reply #110 on: October 29, 2010, 17:40 »
Pheobe has built a new nest and eggs are expected any day.

http://cam.dellwo.com/

Offline Kinderchick

• Phanatic
  • Old Bird
« Reply #109 on: June 02, 2010, 22:06 »
I am glad they enjoyed it.
Me too!  :D And you contributed to their education, bcf! :-*

Offline birdcamfan

• Phanatic
  • Old Bird
« Reply #108 on: June 02, 2010, 19:04 »
I am glad they enjoyed it.

Offline Kinderchick

• Phanatic
  • Old Bird
« Reply #107 on: June 02, 2010, 15:00 »
Well, it seems that "Hoku" fledged early this morning.  :D I know that this is very good news , since Phoebe has not had many eggs/chicks survive long enough to fledge this season. But the Kinderchicklets and their teacher are going to miss watching those little Hummingbirds. :'( Thanks for posting this webcam, birdcamfan! The 'chicklets have learned so much about Hummingbirds this year. :D

Offline Kinderchick

• Phanatic
  • Old Bird
« Reply #106 on: June 01, 2010, 16:50 »
Hoku is still in the nest, hasn't fledged yet, so Phoebe continues to show up with food for him. Some of my Kinderchicklets were studying all of the "poop art" on that one leaf in particular and thought it was blueberries! LOL! ;D

Offline Kinderchick

• Phanatic
  • Old Bird
« Reply #105 on: May 30, 2010, 12:35 »
Hadn't checked in on Phoebe and her chicks for a few days. Apparently, a crow startled the 2 chicks out of their nest on Friday.  >:( Hoku was found on the ground and placed back into the nest, where he remains right now.  :) But Hope has not been found.  :( It is thought that she may have fledged. Apparently, Hoku should be fledging any day now.

Offline The Peregrine Chick

• Administrator
  • Old Bird
    • Peregrine Falcon Recovery Project (Manitoba)
« Reply #104 on: May 28, 2010, 10:14 »
[I wasn't aware that TPC had already given instructions on how to do this. TPC is excellent at explaining things, so it would be redundant for me even to attempt to do so. I am sure that she explains it much better than I ever could.

Don't be modest Alison, there is absolutely no comparison between the number of webcaptures you have done and the number I have done.  And you have captured more from different types of webcams - so please if you can make suggestions, please do!!

Feel free to post suggestions/instructions in the Forum's "How Do I?" thread (http://www.species-at-risk.mb.ca/projects/pfrp/forum/programs/index.php/board,19.0.html) - I'll happy to learn all your tricks as well!!  :D

Offline Alison

• Phanatic
  • Old Bird
« Reply #103 on: May 27, 2010, 18:20 »
I have a question for you, how do you take photos from the webcam?
I want to learn to do this too... I think that TPC has given some instructions on the Forum board on a thread called "Snaps from the webcam". But I haven't had the time to try it yet. Maybe one day? :-\

I wasn't aware that TPC had already given instructions on how to do this. TPC is excellent at explaining things, so it would be redundant for me even to attempt to do so. I am sure that she explains it much better than I ever could.

It certainly is a tight fit for the chicks in the nest now:

Mom came in for a very quick feeding:

Offline Kinderchick

• Phanatic
  • Old Bird
« Reply #102 on: May 27, 2010, 14:25 »
The Kinderchicklets were also watching Phoebe and her chicks this morning. Those chicks are getting SO  big that they can barely fit in the nest together anymore! :o It was very funny to watch them trying to trade places in the nest this morning! ;D And they are also starting to "wingersize"! 8)

Offline Kinderchick

• Phanatic
  • Old Bird
« Reply #101 on: May 25, 2010, 22:29 »
I have a question for you, how do you take photos from the webcam?
I want to learn to do this too... I think that TPC has given some instructions on the Forum board on a thread called "Snaps from the webcam". But I haven't had the time to try it yet. Maybe one day? :-\

Offline allikat

• Phanatic
  • Old Bird
« Reply #100 on: May 25, 2010, 22:26 »
Geez, these two are growing fast!  They are very cute and I'm extremely happy for Phoebe!