Manitoba Peregrines > Radisson Peregrines

Radisson - 2010 / Ivy & Princess

<< < (628/999) > >>

Kinderchick:
That feeding sure wasn't very long... must have been a wee snack! ;)

susha:
11:30ish - Princess:  "Where is that Bird?!?  these babies need to eat!  I might as well go and find something myself!!"

A very short time after Mom leaves, Dad arrives:  "Hi kids, just dropped in for a wee visit - Whoops...there's Mom and she seems a little ticked...okay, okay, I'm leaving!  Sorry I forgot to bring food!"

11:43 and the efficient and capable Princess has fed the babies and they're tucked in and napping once again, well-fed and happy. ;D

Kinderchick:

--- Quote from: Jo on May 29, 2010, 11:19 ---...I saw a feeding yesterday evening and everyone was being served. I don't recall where I saw the post, but TPC reminded us that while we may see one chick not eating much during one meal, they could have had a really good feed at the previous meal...
--- End quote ---
Yes Jo, I remember TPC posting that on yesterday's observation thread, I think. I'm sure that we don't need to be too concerned about the 4th chick not getting much to eat. You're right, Princess has demonstrated herself to be a very good mom and I'm sure she is doing her best to look after all of her chicks. I think the reason they fall over while eating is because that's what they do right now, being so young. I have seen this occur with other peregrine chicks on other webcams and they seem to do just fine. :D

Jo:

--- Quote from: Cara59 on May 29, 2010, 09:20 ---Someone posted on the main page they didnt see the smallest 'fluffy' being fed... :'(

--- End quote ---

I saw a feeding yesterday evening and everyone was being served. I don't recall where I saw the post, but TPC reminded us that while we may see one chick not eating much during one meal, they could have had a really good feed at the previous meal.

Princess is a very good mom and it would seem that Ivy has adapted to fatherhood quite well so I don't think they've got things well under control. :)

Kinderchick:

--- Quote from: ballywing on May 29, 2010, 10:26 ---I hate to be so repetitive....but every day I can't help thinking - with this incredible amount of heavy rain lately - I do not believe they would have survived the East Ledge, TupperBin or no Tupperbin-  :o THANK HEAVENS THEY NESTED ON THE WEST!!!!!  ;D ;D ;D
--- End quote ---
My sentiments exactly, ballywing! I have had this very thought almost every day, with all this rain we are getting in Winnipeg! :o

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version