Manitoba Peregrines > Radisson Peregrines

Radisson - 2010 / Ivy & Princess

<< < (463/999) > >>

Pam:
We had a great view today of Princess swooping down from the tower on top of the Radisson, and coming up with a pigeon, which she took straight to the nestbox.  Fun!

allikat:
Can't wait until tomorrow!!!! 

I wonder.....how many males, how many females? 

carly:
Good luck tomorrow TPC, I can't wait to see what we have  :-*

Saoirse:
Hey, TPC -- I hope you'll be sure to let us know if you find any mouse carcasses in the nestbox -- those CBC commenters are bound and determined that our chicks are eating mice.  ;)

The Peregrine Chick:

--- Quote from: ballywing on June 15, 2010, 19:20 ---I read that in Montreal, they used some sort of netting to block the front of their box so the chicks wouldn't 'escape' over the edge as they were being collected for banding. Do we have some sort of safety blocker TPC  ???

--- End quote ---

Nope, just the hardwiring for self-preservation that the chicks possess ... but seriously, when the parents start freaking because we are on the roof, the chicks tend to head for cover and that is exactly where we want them.  Its just easier if they are already there because they are trying to get out of the sun.

And no worries folks, we've done this lots of times and I can't think of the last time we had a problem (knock on wood) get the chicks, I just like to hedge my bets when it comes to promising y'all a time for the banding!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version