Author Topic: ON / Mississauga - Executive Centre - 2008-20  (Read 31973 times)

Offline Loriann

• Phanatic
  • Fledgling
Re: Excecutive Centre - 2010 / ? & ?
« Reply #103 on: March 29, 2010, 17:25 »
its a stalkers best friend..  muhahahahaha...  and want to hear something hilarious?   we were out shopping one day last May, and saw the Google Street View car three times.. we commented on it, and then went home.. as we were getting out of the truck the bloody thing went by our house, and took the picture....  when i google my address, there i am, standing on the porch, pointing at the car as it goes by.. lol.. forever immortilized by the google street view car.......... lol

Offline carly

• Phanatic
  • Old Bird
« Reply #102 on: March 29, 2010, 17:19 »
That was cool Lori, first time I ever used it!  Got to the corner okay and saw all the construction!  Wow!

Offline Loriann

• Phanatic
  • Fledgling
« Reply #101 on: March 29, 2010, 17:05 »
If you use Google to get to 'street view' and type in Burnhamthorpe and Hurontario, mississauga, you can go the streel level view of this corner.. turn the navigator until you are facing North.  On the right you will see two of the condo towers being built.  Where the crane is shown, there is now a taller condo under construction...  continue to travel or look to the north, and the buildings further up are the Executive Center where the current nest box is.   zoom in and you may see it.

Offline carly

• Phanatic
  • Old Bird
« Reply #100 on: March 29, 2010, 16:36 »
Oh great, peregrines and construction sites next door...good thing they'll have helmets  :P

Offline Loriann

• Phanatic
  • Fledgling
« Reply #99 on: March 29, 2010, 16:26 »
we've always had 'rules' about buildings ( apts, condos, office towers) being built that they had to be under a certain height, but they've made exceptions for the new condos that they are building at Square One ( where the exec centre is)..  and there are a few that are higher than the exec centre by many floors, and with in 500 feet of the existing nest site...  but they are still in the building phase, with a few of the large construction cranes and constant noise and dirt.. 

i know there were whispers that one of the unbanded kids  from last year was back at the St Lawrence Cement towers, but they are unbanded ( due to their age at banding time)... and no way to know who they are.

Guess we'll have to wait and see who is who... same drama here as in Winterpeg.

Offline carly

• Phanatic
  • Old Bird
« Reply #98 on: March 29, 2010, 16:22 »
given the ridiculous amount of construction in this vicinity i'm surprised any birds are even remotely interested in being here..  lots of tall condos going in right beside this site..

Well it must be something as they've rarely had a pair that stayed together for a few years.  I"m surprised Jack hasnt' tried for that site as he was born there!

Speaking of Lori, there may be another new pair in Mississauge somewhere - still waiting on confirmation but someone did call one in so it's hoping out there.  I guess with new condos going up - it means higher places for a peregrine to nest on.

Offline Loriann

• Phanatic
  • Fledgling
« Reply #97 on: March 29, 2010, 13:13 »
given the ridiculous amount of construction in this vicinity i'm surprised any birds are even remotely interested in being here..  lots of tall condos going in right beside this site..

Offline The Peregrine Chick

• Administrator
  • Old Bird
    • Peregrine Falcon Recovery Project (Manitoba)
« Reply #96 on: March 29, 2010, 12:46 »
welcome to the club  ::)

Offline carly

• Phanatic
  • Old Bird
« Reply #95 on: March 29, 2010, 12:40 »
Yet another territorial battle between females!  Last year the resident female was killed on site by another female and the eyases were fostered out.  Wonder if that new female won or if there is yet another new female here!

CPF Postmaster Reports:
While the adult peregrines have been very active in the nest box this past week, it might appear that the territorial squabbling going on between two adult females on site has delayed pair bonding and courtship activities with the male. We’re not quite sure who is on territory at this momment, but it appears that the territorial dispute has finally yeilded a victor, as evident by yesterdays observations. There are only two adults on site now, (one adult male and one adult female). Hopefully, the pair (who ever they are), can now get down to some pair bonding and serious courtship activities

Offline carly

• Phanatic
  • Old Bird
« Reply #94 on: March 25, 2010, 14:30 »
They just brought the cam up two days ago I believe and they are now going around to see what's happening at the sites.  Etobicoke cam sadly may be unrepairable they think. 

Offline The Peregrine Chick

• Administrator
  • Old Bird
    • Peregrine Falcon Recovery Project (Manitoba)
Ontario / Mississauga - Executive Centre - 2010 / ? & ?
« Reply #93 on: March 25, 2010, 14:27 »
2010 NESTING SEASON

The Mississauga Executive Centre webcam is reloading but the date on the image is March 23, 2010 and there are no 2010 notes on their observation pages ...

Offline carly

• Phanatic
  • Old Bird
Re: Executive Centre - 2009 / ? & O'Connor & Tessie
« Reply #92 on: June 25, 2009, 12:42 »
There is someone home at MEC now, looks like the male maybe..looks small.  I've been trying to catch someone here to see how dad is making out and see if he's with the new female or not.

Offline carly

• Phanatic
  • Old Bird
« Reply #91 on: June 23, 2009, 11:43 »
Yes they are doing well.  And of course with Tracy looking after them and Bruce (wickedest blue eyes I've ever seen...ahem..*cough*)  sorry err - voice of reason and experience looking after them, they can't help but do well!

Offline Loriann

• Phanatic
  • Fledgling
« Reply #90 on: June 23, 2009, 10:51 »
http://www.peregrine-foundation.ca/w/c/sightings/etobicoke-william-osler/

a few days of updates on the babies who were taken from the mississauga site and hacked into a nest with non-viable eggs.. we've had a successful fledge here.. and that is wonderful news for my orphans..  whoo hooo ! 

Offline allikat

• Phanatic
  • Old Bird
« Reply #89 on: June 09, 2009, 19:13 »
This is absolutely wonderful news!!  It's always wonderful to hear about a successful fostering!  Way to go!  Hope we will get updated often!