Other Peregrine Projects > Canadian Peregrines

ON / Mississauga - Executive Centre - 2008-20

<< < (25/36) > >>

Liz:
the plot thickens...

The Peregrine Chick:
Okay, I'm going to be interested in hearing what folks out in Mississauga say after the videos and photos have been reviewed.  I say that because I had a look at two videos - one from the 2nd and one from the 4th (I believe I have those dates right).  What is interesting is that to my eye, the adult feeding the chicks on the 2nd is a male, but the adult on the 4th looks much larger and I assumed the female - but that was before we knew how long the resident female had been dead.  Now I don't know if there is any distortion with the lens, but that second female sure looked female to me ... going to have to go back and check it out again ...

bccs:
Something about the first Friday in June seems to suck. :( :(
Thanks for the heads up Loriann, woulda hurt a whole lot more otherwise. :-*

Loriann:
Thanks for the update Carly. this is my pair, five minutes from the house............. I've been sad since you told me earlier today ( and thanks for that,, better than finding out somehow else, I appreciate the personal note).

SO sad........  we have watched these guys float around for some time, worried over their well being during the worst storms, and now this, after last years loss of the kids here too, well damn it these guys deserved a break.

Mom defended her nest and babies to the bitter end, and as both Tracy and I both said, she went out fighting the good fight, saved her kids, and died a birdie hero.......  may she soar .

keeping all fingers crossed for the wee ones. At least they are at a good age to be hacked off to another nest, and they are in fantastic hands with Mark and his wife and team. 

not a good day . 

Liz:
Sad news, carly.  But there are three healthy chicks to carry on ;D, and dad can go do what they do - take another mate. 

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version