Author Topic: ON / Etobicoke - Bloor & Islington / 2008-21  (Read 65414 times)

Offline allikat

• Phanatic
  • Old Bird
Re: Etobicoke - Sun-Life - 2009 / Jack & Angel
« Reply #80 on: April 25, 2009, 21:33 »
WOW!  I didn't even know about this storm until I saw these posts.  That's what happens when the weather patterns do funky things!  Sorry to write this but, it will only guess worse, thanks to us humans and all the damage we have done.  Yes folks, these weird weather patterns are just going to get worse!
I am a major weather lover... meaning, I would chase a tornado if I get the chance.  I love storms and find them fascinating! 

I'm very happy that no one or falcon was hurt! 

Offline allikat

• Phanatic
  • Old Bird
« Reply #79 on: April 25, 2009, 20:08 »
Whew..glad to hear that everyone weathered the storm!

I know..humans are so emotional, I wish I could just go to every nestbox and protect them all.. :-*

Offline carly

• Phanatic
  • Old Bird
« Reply #78 on: April 25, 2009, 19:57 »
Hopefully mine are okay, the top of the ledge is covered and she's weathered similar years before but I hate that I can't see her on the cam and too dark now to go check.

Madame X in Hamilton was soaking wet, poor dear - she doesn't have a roof, she's on an open ledge like T&P are but she looks okay from what I saw on the cam.  I guess they are used to it, it's the humans that have a hard time  ::) 

Offline eagle63_1999

• Phanatic
  • Old Bird
    • My Photography
« Reply #77 on: April 25, 2009, 18:07 »
You must of had it worse then here in London. We had a sharp storm and the winds were up but don't think it was that awful here.  Take care though when those storms hit, take cover and hope for the best.

Offline carly

• Phanatic
  • Old Bird
« Reply #76 on: April 25, 2009, 17:46 »
Ack..hope the poor lady and the kids are okay!  That really was scary, we heard crashing, glass breaking and sirens going everywhere...hopefully nothing fatal.

Offline Loriann

• Phanatic
  • Fledgling
« Reply #75 on: April 25, 2009, 17:37 »
wasn't that a wild ride eh Carly?  we were just on our way out for dinner. the wind was blowing SO hard, we saw some poor lady spread eagle against a chain link fence, and the wind blew two kids right off their bikes in front of us, thankfully not into the road but onto the grass.. scary stuff!  the wind was kicking up so much dust it was hard to see. 

hope everyone is well, safe and dry, both human and beastie.

Offline carly

• Phanatic
  • Old Bird
« Reply #74 on: April 25, 2009, 16:20 »
100kmh winds, severe thunderstorms and large hail happening here right now.  I am worried about my falcons now on the ledge and the stupid cam is not working.  I see Madame X in Hamilton hunkered down too  >:( :(

Offline carly

• Phanatic
  • Old Bird
« Reply #73 on: April 24, 2009, 18:06 »
The Etobicoke webcam has been 'stuck' for a week now, they are working on it and also trying to get the live cam running.

Based on a guestimate and some sleuthing: We didn't have a cam until April 1st and it was on the 31st I hadn't seen her for 2 days...however that was Mon/Tues and she could very well have started incubation on the weekend and she was hunting on the Friday with dad.  The earliest we could have a hatch is next Thursday.  I also looked back through the archives and except for one year, that was pretty much the date she had her first hatch.

« Last Edit: April 24, 2009, 18:08 by carly »

Offline bev.

• Phanatic
  • Old Bird
« Reply #72 on: April 10, 2009, 19:29 »
that is great news CArly.  you Can follow her now.
I wish one of ours would turn up somewhere. Maybe has but no one has reported them.

Offline carly

• Phanatic
  • Old Bird
« Reply #71 on: April 10, 2009, 18:57 »
Woohoo she's ours!!  She was bigger than Screech who was 958 at banding if memory serves me!!!  And her mate Rocky is one of Buckeye's last offspring...wow how special is that!!!

Lara was indeed an Etobicoke-Sunlife chick hatched in 2006. At banding she was a very healthy 1105grams.
« Last Edit: April 10, 2009, 19:02 by carly »

Offline carly

• Phanatic
  • Old Bird
« Reply #70 on: April 10, 2009, 18:37 »
I think Lara is ours!!  I've emailed Frank to confirm but I remember he mentioned they had called about one of Angel and Marco's girls being down there...oh I hope so!!  She would have been just shy of 2 years old last year.

http://www.ohio.com/news/42745572.html

Offline carly

• Phanatic
  • Old Bird
« Reply #69 on: April 02, 2009, 18:21 »
Great pic of the eggs, Carly! My computer is down now, so I won't be able to see much for a while.  :(

Oh no, what bad timing  :'( :'(  Darn  :(

It was a nice day here today for a change, plus 14 but now they are calling for wet snow and plus 2 by Monday.  Tomorrow pouring rain all day and cooler.  So I was lucky she got up and I was able to get the shot. 
« Last Edit: April 02, 2009, 18:25 by carly »

Offline Alison

• Phanatic
  • Old Bird
« Reply #68 on: April 02, 2009, 18:14 »
Great pic of the eggs, Carly! My computer is down now, so I won't be able to see much for a while.  :(

Offline carly

• Phanatic
  • Old Bird
« Reply #67 on: April 02, 2009, 18:08 »
Okay..here's my four eggs!

« Last Edit: April 02, 2009, 18:09 by carly »

Offline msdolittle

• Phanatic
  • Fledgling
« Reply #66 on: April 02, 2009, 17:02 »