Author Topic: AB / Edmonton - Weber Centre - 2009-18  (Read 81777 times)

Offline soaring west

• Chick
Re: Alberta / Edmonton - Weber Centre - 2015 / D01 & GG
« Reply #423 on: May 11, 2015, 14:06 »
It would be nice if they repositioned the camera.. soon.

Offline Kinderchick

• Phanatic
  • Old Bird
« Reply #422 on: May 09, 2015, 23:37 »
4 eggs... great news, bev! :)

Offline bev.

• Phanatic
  • Old Bird
« Reply #421 on: May 09, 2015, 13:39 »
we have egg 4 . forgot to post . all going well except for  cam. can hardly see in box.

Offline bev.

• Phanatic
  • Old Bird
« Reply #420 on: May 05, 2015, 10:13 »
egg 3  at approx 11:25pm May4( had to calculate through rewind)

little monkey waited till I went to bed LOL very windy

Offline bev.

• Phanatic
  • Old Bird
« Reply #419 on: May 02, 2015, 23:51 »
egg number 2 10:39pm  May2

Offline MayShowers

• Phanatic
  • Chick
« Reply #418 on: May 01, 2015, 05:38 »
Bittersweet indeed, bev. Sad that Miss E did not return but happy to see Green Girl.
I agree, what a roller coaster! :)

Offline Kinderchick

• Phanatic
  • Old Bird
« Reply #417 on: April 30, 2015, 23:04 »
Bittersweet indeed, bev. Sad that Miss E did not return but happy to see Green Girl.

Offline bev.

• Phanatic
  • Old Bird
« Reply #416 on: April 30, 2015, 23:02 »
well we had egg number one here today

Green girl had her first egg ever at 5:28pm April 30 .

I am so pleased .

It is bittersweet fo r me. Miss E  did not return. Drinking Margaritas in south america. She deserves it  :-*

but I held green girl at banding, I cried when they found her on ground , away from U of A but not far. I held her at release, had a heart attack when RAdisson did not accept her, adn cried when we read her band this year. What a wonderful feeling :-*

Offline Alison

• Phanatic
  • Old Bird
« Reply #415 on: April 23, 2015, 11:19 »
Bev, I am so happy for you that Green Girl from 2013 has returned! She is beautiful, and it is so great when a juvie from a previous year turns up alive and well.

I hope Miss Edmonton will make it back this year. She is a very special falcon.

Offline bev.

• Phanatic
  • Old Bird
« Reply #414 on: April 20, 2015, 15:49 »
so we are on female number 3 right now. First one was not banded and we are almost positive that 2nd one was white band girl from U of A last year. we got 2 o f letters and numbers and she was gone before we could get the other, but the male was not interested in her, it appeared. She was a yearling so probably moved on
But we confirmed with Gord, on SAt that we had Green girl form 2013 U of A nest. Radisson and Chases daughter

I am so thrilled as she was found 2.5 weeks into fledge she was found on ground by a bridge. appeared dazed.
long story short, when Gord finally got her back, he took her home , bathed her, straightened out her feathers, and got her ready. WE released her late in August on top of jut of Clinical science. It was a long shot that Radisson would accept her.  Well she did not bu t Green girl handled herself great . talons locked but Radisson did nto hurt her and she was chased out. We found her at back of campus . later in evening she came back but Radisson kept dive bombing her. my heart was heavy as Green girl kept calling as the young do. MIght have been different if there were siblings there but male was out on Pemibina and she lost her sister to the Maz.

anyhow we thought we saw her once more that season but could not be sure. Gord told me , that she was a Diva and she would be back nesting at one of our sites.

and here she is. for now.

here she is now

here is her banding adn a few of her day of relase

and there is MIss E . will she return. should know in next few days. A lot of our birds are late. depended on where they were all storms hit.
s
« Last Edit: April 20, 2015, 15:55 by bev. »

Offline bev.

• Phanatic
  • Old Bird
« Reply #413 on: April 15, 2015, 15:44 »
well had yet another female that we are trying to get full Id. with high winds , no luck. We have a DO for male and have to get full Id but we are positive same male as last few years.

We have an idea who female is but do not want ot say yet.

last night april14 , we were there for 4 hours and no female. WE were there till 9pm so hopefully all well. WE will take a look tonight if possible

and there there is scenario that MIss E could come back this weekend . there was a fight last year and she won but I want no fights.

But on e goose did get in box. Gord, you said they could not LOL. anyhow  our male attacked it twice and it made it back ot box.
Male eventually went way up on roof and goose flew off. I watched where it went and  a few hours later it came back with its mate. But our male dove at them both and  they landed on a roof to north of WEber. WE kept on eye out and at sunset off they flew into the sunset. I hope they do not return.

Offline bev.

• Phanatic
  • Old Bird
« Reply #412 on: April 10, 2015, 16:49 »
no way , they were ushered out although they were on nest box.

We have two back at Weber now
 Peter and I saw them on wed evening. one is banded and one is not.
so miss Edmonton is not here yet. This happened last year also.
she gets back later.
we got partial band of male . We do believe it is same  male bu twill have to wait and see

so if she is coming it would be interesting. And no, I do nto want a fight for this spot
few pictures I wont always post as many TPC just this once

here are photos

our goose LOL

female is on letter an d male up by box. she was hungry and he looked well fed LOL

Offline soaring west

• Chick
Alberta / Edmonton - Weber Centre - 2015 / D01 & GG
« Reply #411 on: April 06, 2015, 17:40 »
Someone has spotted 2 Canada Geese near the nest box. I hope they don't try to claim the rooftop. :o

Offline Kinderchick

• Phanatic
  • Old Bird
Re: Alberta / Edmonton - Weber Centre - 2014 / D01 & Miss Edmonton
« Reply #410 on: September 20, 2014, 22:32 »
Great video & slide shows, bev. Thanks! :)
« Last Edit: September 20, 2014, 22:34 by Kinderchick »

Offline bev.

• Phanatic
  • Old Bird
Re: Alberta / Edmonton - Weber Centre - 2014 / D01 & Miss Edmonton
« Reply #409 on: September 19, 2014, 23:26 »
a few videos form WEber now that I di d up

My Miss Edmonton has certainly had great success over the years. I always  watch her as if it will be my last time. with one of her young ones  at one of our sites in Edmonton ( at the misrecordia), I can witness her success . We do not often get to know where they are( the offspring)

so come fly with K12 and me

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PKLZRYzDl24

this one I got off cam

weber august24

just after 7pm tonight

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bImSP9obaiM

this is from Weber. all of beginning is K12 and then are a few of Miss E flying in middle and then Miss  landing on a satellite drum toward end and Do1 on a far off perch. this day on august29 we were treated to a real flying show. Barb saw them also the next day.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SY0HaMxZmaI