Author Topic: AB / Edmonton - Weber Centre - 2009-18  (Read 81434 times)

Offline Elaine L

• Phanatic
  • Fledgling
Re: Edmonton - Weber Building - 2009 / Beau & Ms Edmonton
« Reply #33 on: May 29, 2009, 16:30 »
Sounds good to me, Bev.

Offline carly

• Phanatic
  • Old Bird
« Reply #32 on: May 29, 2009, 16:13 »
Miss Edmonton is a fine name Bev and much more personal than TG or 'homeless'!  ;)

Offline bev.

• Phanatic
  • Old Bird
« Reply #31 on: May 29, 2009, 16:08 »
My transmitter girl had 5 in there one year.
  I think I will give her the name a friend of mine in Buffalo named her when she was the clinical science site. Miss Edmonton. What do you think???

Offline carly

• Phanatic
  • Old Bird
« Reply #30 on: May 28, 2009, 19:35 »
BEv, thanks so much for sharing the photos of TG and her new beau!!  Any idea who he is yet?   I wonder if he's one of the fostered chicks from years before or someone totally new. 

Offline bev.

• Phanatic
  • Old Bird
« Reply #29 on: May 28, 2009, 09:01 »
7:42 - Radisson is on the  eggs.

I have been observing at the Weber building the last few nights. Spent until 10:45pm there last night.  I will not disclose where she has decided to nest. So far it appears to be just a scrape. She stays there a lot but can see Weber building from where she is. the male now stays at Weber building .  TG girl has been on guard at her nest site and one of the biologists has confirmed she has started a scrape. I will give details as I can.  she remained there until 10:45 last night and then went back to her letter on Weber building. They each have their favorite letters.  I am hoping for eggs by the weekend or early nest week. This is just my observations from what I have observed with behavior at clinical science site and other cams.  I would like to camp out  there. for a day but i am trying to remain as inconspicuous as I can.  so keep your fingers crossed for my girl.

Offline Liz

• Phanatic
  • Old Bird
« Reply #28 on: May 26, 2009, 19:15 »
Good to hear all of that, bev.  Thanks.  Now that I think of it, I guess you could go from one territory to the next (by TPC's descriptions) here too, east to west, in 10 mins.  It's the north to south part of the territory that's bigger.  Is that the same with yours? 

I love to see eggs at this site.  I haven't for awhile (Elk River - guilty :-[)  All I ever see is incubation (where's that 'snoring' smiley?).  Do they still have all the eggs? 

Offline bev.

• Phanatic
  • Old Bird
« Reply #27 on: May 26, 2009, 12:16 »
Thanks guys.  the Il Divo concert was last night Liz. I t was LL that went to it first in Winnipeg.

Luckily for me the hatches will of course be different and the fledges  should be 3 weeks apart.  the University ones should be well on their way before  the ones from Weber.  the Weber builidng is only a 10 minute drive away so I can do 2 at the same time. I will not be able to do as much as last year I am sure but I am hopeful there are a few people in Edmonton that will also observe. maybe even set up a watch of some sort.

Now remember I am assuming there are eggs. but from all I  have seen and observed I am confident. But when they get the tracking  from the transmitter they should be able to see if I am right.  the male is unbanded  and I am hoping he is a good male like at the clinical science site.  tomorrow the biologist gets his computer back and then we should know the tracking.

they are still doing a great job of sharing duties at University site.  A good match up
« Last Edit: May 26, 2009, 12:18 by The Peregrine Chick »

Offline Alison

• Phanatic
  • Old Bird
« Reply #26 on: May 25, 2009, 20:50 »
May 25
Great news is TG girl has a mate and they are copulating and I believe they have eggs or are in the process of laying eggs.  I need a few more days to know for sure, but i have a concert   tonight.

Bev, that's wonderful news about Transmitter Girl! She was always one of my favourites, and she has had such a hard life. I wonder who her mate is. Talons crossed that everything will go well for her this year. Please keep us updated.

Offline bev.

• Phanatic
  • Old Bird
« Reply #25 on: May 25, 2009, 15:00 »
The male is unbanded  and this is our girl from the clinical science site so I will try and get band numbers I believe she is an Edmonton girl also but I will check.

I have to check out a few more times . I guess it can be called the Weber building site  becasue  that is where they thought she would nest and I could be wrong . so I will check on Tuesday. They are still on WEber building but after the second copulation he stayed on Weber building and she flew down to this other building, which I will not name yet, for security reasons, and we did not see her fly out. Unfortunately this building is not as high as probably most places they nest ::) ::)

And yes Carly, hubby is  just shaking his head.

Offline The Peregrine Chick

• Administrator
  • Old Bird
    • Peregrine Falcon Recovery Project (Manitoba)
« Reply #24 on: May 25, 2009, 14:10 »
Bev, need band numbers (TG is unbanded right?) and/or identities.  And if you can pinpoint the nest-site, we can set up a new board - one for Radisson, one for TG.

Offline carly

• Phanatic
  • Old Bird
« Reply #23 on: May 25, 2009, 13:57 »
Oh Bev, that is fantastic news!!  I"m thrilled for you and for TG - she's a good mom and so great she has a new mate..woohoo!!

Not so great for hubby I guess..lol..now you will be running him from one site to another  :P

Offline maggieblue

• Past Member
  • Fledgling
« Reply #22 on: May 25, 2009, 13:45 »
That is wonderful news Bev.  I am so glad that you are keeping an eye on transmitter girl and that she has a mate and possibly chicks to raise.

Offline bev.

• Phanatic
  • Old Bird
« Reply #21 on: May 25, 2009, 13:37 »
May 25

the sun is shining and incubation going great  I have been busy as of late, keeping track of the Transmitter girl.  the biologists have been out in the filed, so I have been sitting down at the WEber building for hours at a time.  Great news is TG girl has a mate and they are copulating and I believe they have eggs or are in the process of laying eggs.  I need a few more days to know for sure, but i have a concert   tonight. 

I think Weber is Home base and the nest is somewhere I will not disclose at this time.  becasue not quite sure yet but pretty sure.  with a few of the biologists back today, they might be able to investigate also.  I cannot tell you how happy I am  that TG finally has a mate . She has had 2 seasons of He--  there will more news coming but I am cautious with things at the moment.  so I have been busy.

I will do a slide show of what i saw. I have tons of pictures but will only download a few

Slideshow - http://s187.photobucket.com/albums/x135/fullbrandt/bev12/?action=view&current=d77117a4.pbw

Slideshow - http://s187.photobucket.com/albums/x135/fullbrandt/bev12/?action=view&current=f2a9aa32.pbw
« Last Edit: May 25, 2009, 13:40 by bev. »

Offline bev.

• Phanatic
  • Old Bird
« Reply #20 on: April 29, 2009, 09:58 »
Went to see TG last night . We are waiting for transmissions today. but she was not there . All was quiet at the site.
« Last Edit: May 30, 2009, 14:54 by The Peregrine Chick »

Offline bev.

• Phanatic
  • Old Bird
« Reply #19 on: April 26, 2009, 15:50 »
And I certainly do not want any fighting.