Author Topic: AB / Edmonton - Weber Centre - 2009-18  (Read 81524 times)

Offline bev.

• Phanatic
  • Old Bird
Re: Edmonton - Weber Building - 2011 / Weber & Miss Edmonton
« Reply #273 on: May 27, 2011, 16:39 »
Miss Edmonton is sitting on 4 eggs right now. I have not made it down there since long weekend but will  go tonihgt or tomorrow.
Please read article on Miss Edmonton and Weber. Looks like we get a cam. Gord had e-mailed me and told me but I was not sure if I could share with you. but now it is in article.

I am upset about our falocn downtown going missing so I am keeping close watch on U of A and now I should keep watch at Weber better. I do not have enough of me  ;D ;D

http://www.ab-conservation.com/go/default/index.cfm/media/peregrine-cam/watch-the-peregrine-live/

Offline bev.

• Phanatic
  • Old Bird
« Reply #272 on: May 17, 2011, 21:08 »
I made a slideshow but it shows male carrying prey around by MIss Edmonton and then Miss Edmonton  chases him. He is then seen behind her. She perches on south west corner of building. Male continues to fly around with prey and rests on letter and calls out.He then then flies around by Miss Edmonton  and drops it on back of building. He then flies off and comes in for canoodle. You can see she is in position earlier. He flies off and then goes up to roof in front of box. After a bit he goes in. He ws in for 2.5 hours before Miss Edmonton relieved him. She ate on back of building. I always like to make sure it is her and she has black band on right leg. The others have black band on left leg.

When we went down on Sunday we saw same thing.

Offline bccs

• Phanatic
  • Old Bird
« Reply #271 on: May 14, 2011, 20:58 »
Yes, isn't it indeed!
Oh my, yes it is.

Offline allikat

• Phanatic
  • Old Bird
« Reply #270 on: May 14, 2011, 20:54 »
Yes, isn't it indeed!

Offline Kinderchick

• Phanatic
  • Old Bird
« Reply #269 on: May 14, 2011, 20:37 »
...As of yesterday Miss Edmonton and her Beau are in full incubation. Yeah!!!  

That's great news, bev! :D

Offline bev.

• Phanatic
  • Old Bird
« Reply #268 on: May 14, 2011, 17:50 »
sorry about no picutres yet but they are coming.
As of yesterday Miss Edmonton and her Beau are in full incubation. Yeah!!! could be last egg or second last. No way of knowing.
I promise pictures but i have to get caught up with other life ;) and then I will put them up in Pb

Offline bev.

• Phanatic
  • Old Bird
« Reply #267 on: May 05, 2011, 11:17 »
Peter and  went down last night and everything looking good. Female in front of nest box and Male below on his letter.

Female flew off much later north east and after a bit male followed her.  The male came back and turned in for night  , with female right behind him. she went up to her W. So no eggs yet but I bet by weekend.

A raven flew beside female so we think male went out to get them away from her. WE saw this a lot last year. the ravens soon learned to leave them alone ;D

Pictures tonight. I forgot to take them off camera  ::)

Offline Elaine L

• Phanatic
  • Fledgling
« Reply #266 on: May 01, 2011, 22:32 »
Was down at the Weber Building about 1:00 p.m. today, and did not see any sign of the falcons.  Worse luck.  Will try again another day.

Offline carly

• Phanatic
  • Old Bird
« Reply #265 on: May 01, 2011, 19:19 »
Yay...all signs pointing to a good nesting year for Miss E and her mate..talons crossed for them  :-*

Offline bev.

• Phanatic
  • Old Bird
« Reply #264 on: April 30, 2011, 10:45 »
Peter and I were down at Weber last night and the male is back

so we have Miss Edmonton and unbanded Male. The one last year was unbanded also and he looks the same but of course without bands.  He is sitting in same spot also. but the markings are the same.

I will post shots later(Not those kind of shots ;D)

I would say he came back sometime this week. Egg will be earlier this year which makes me happy.

Offline bev.

• Phanatic
  • Old Bird
« Reply #263 on: April 26, 2011, 10:00 »
I think they are thinking the transmissions throw there natural honing gear off.

As of Sunday we have not spottted a male but that is not saying there is not one there. will go down tomorrow again.

Offline birdcamfan

• Phanatic
  • Old Bird
« Reply #262 on: April 22, 2011, 14:00 »
Interesting observation.

Offline Kinderchick

• Phanatic
  • Old Bird
« Reply #261 on: April 22, 2011, 12:40 »
they have had a transmitter on since 2006 and she always came home late. Last year May 1. but they took off transmitter last year when she was nesting and so now she is home early. I always wondered whether the transmitters caused this. Look at Genesse male since his transmitter. He was always home early till they put it on. ??????

Do you think the extra weight of carrying a transmitter makes flying the long distances more arduous and they are perhaps later coming home to nest because they have to stop and rest more? :-\

Offline bev.

• Phanatic
  • Old Bird
« Reply #260 on: April 22, 2011, 11:33 »
they have had a transmitter on since 2006 and she always came home late. Last year May 1. but they took off transmitter last year when she was nesting and so now she is home early. I always wondered whether the transmitters caused this. Look at Genesse male since his transmitter. He was always home early till they put it on. ??????

I think it is something they are loo

Please delete. somehow 2 turned up the same

Offline bev.

• Phanatic
  • Old Bird
« Reply #259 on: April 22, 2011, 11:31 »

I think it is something they are looking at.