Author Topic: ON / Port Colborne - 2009-10  (Read 8877 times)

Offline carly

• Phanatic
  • Old Bird
Re: ON / Port Colborne - 2010 / Buffalo Bill & Treasure
« Reply #35 on: April 20, 2010, 07:18 »
Bad news!!  Could this be Quest?????  Hope Treasure is okay and I hate this site, every year a new female it seems!

Deja Vu

Doug Garbutt Reports:
I last reported we had 4 eggs here. The eggs have somehow disappeared. Just like last year! 3 falcons were on site at the time the eggs were being incubated. Not sure if this is the reason. We now have a new monitor & will be able to see what’s happening in the box again. Today 2 falcons were in the box. One of them had a radio transmitter on it.

Offline Alison

• Phanatic
  • Old Bird
« Reply #34 on: April 03, 2010, 17:51 »
Thanks, Carly! I'm only online for a few minutes, but am very happy to know Treasure is still in Port Colborne.

Offline carly

• Phanatic
  • Old Bird
« Reply #33 on: April 03, 2010, 17:48 »
Just bumping this up for Alison as I see she's online and don't want her to miss it  :-*

Offline Ellie

• Past Member
  • Fledgling
« Reply #32 on: March 31, 2010, 01:21 »
Thanks for the reply just the same.  Maybe another year there will be one!

Offline carly

• Phanatic
  • Old Bird
« Reply #31 on: March 30, 2010, 17:06 »
Is there a web cam link to this site?  Would love to check it out! ::)

TPC is right Ellie, no cams here sadly. 

Offline The Peregrine Chick

• Administrator
  • Old Bird
    • Peregrine Falcon Recovery Project (Manitoba)
« Reply #30 on: March 30, 2010, 16:52 »

There isn't Ellie - or at least there wasn't one last year and I haven't seen anything for this year.

Offline Ellie

• Past Member
  • Fledgling
« Reply #29 on: March 30, 2010, 13:49 »

Offline carly

• Phanatic
  • Old Bird
« Reply #28 on: March 29, 2010, 20:12 »
Good news Alison, Treasure is still here and is sitting on 4 eggs  ;)

!!! We are cookin’
March 29, 2010 - Port Colborne - ADM Mill

Doug Garbutt Reports:
Although we have had problems with our monitor, by chance I tried it on Saturday & it came on for a brief moment. I can confirm that there 4 eggs in the scrape here. As far as we know, the tiercel is an unnamed bird from Buffalo (we call him Buffalo Bill) & the female is Treasure from Cleveland.

Offline Alison

• Phanatic
  • Old Bird
ON / Port Colborne - 2010 / Buffalo Bill & Treasure
« Reply #27 on: January 13, 2010, 22:17 »
2010 NESTING SEASON

(and Dennis will like this-- Dennis this is where they saw Rotor, not that long ago with a Canada goose for prey).  Rotor is not one of the above, but come spring, who knows..)

The photographer who took the photos I posted of Rotor mentioned they were taken in Ontario, but didn't give a location. I did some searching, and found this post from Big Frank:

In late 2008 U and the others enjoyed photos of Rotor a 2008 Eastlake Ohio bird, hatched at First Energy Power Plant. Just thought Id let U know that one of Larry's photos of Rotor is in April 2009 issue of Birders World. It mentions the area Larry saw it was 220 miles from the spot she was hatched in Ohio.(was seen in Port Hope/Cobourg area 60 miles northeast of Toronto)

In June of 2009 the female sighted in Port Colborne was Treasure (black/green M/82) born in 2006 at the Terminal Tower in Cleveland, a daughter of Buckeye and SW. I hope she is still there, and that both she and Rotor are both still doing well.

Offline bccs

• Phanatic
  • Old Bird
Re: ON / Port Colborne - 2009 / Freedom & Treasure
« Reply #26 on: December 30, 2009, 14:53 »
Oh, to have falcons all year round         sigh

Offline Loriann

• Phanatic
  • Fledgling
« Reply #25 on: December 30, 2009, 14:48 »
All is well in Port Colborne

December 29, 2009 - Port Colborne - ADM Mill

Doug Garbutt Reports:
We still have two crazy active falcons here !!!!!!!!!! They seem to like the snow.

( and Dennis will like this-- Dennis this is where they saw Rotor, not that long ago with a Canada goose for prey).  Rotor is not one of the above, but come spring, who knows..)

Offline Alison

• Phanatic
  • Old Bird
« Reply #24 on: June 17, 2009, 23:17 »
An update from the CPF site:

June 17, 2009 - Port Colborne - ADM Mill

Doug Garbutt Reports:

Thanks to Carol Phillips our friend in Rochester N.Y. the new falcon here has been ID’d. M/82, black/green is Treasure (female) hatched at the Terminal Tower Cleveland Ohio Apr. 27 2007. We’re not sure if she has taken over the nest box but has been here for a week or so that we know of and could be more. Falcon activity here is abound, however not producing young ones which is very discouraging. We are keeping a close eye to see if Millie is still in the picture. Next year is another year & hopefully we have a dominant pair that can have a successfull brood. All I know is that every falcon we see here is impressive & special.

Offline The Peregrine Chick

• Administrator
  • Old Bird
    • Peregrine Falcon Recovery Project (Manitoba)
« Reply #23 on: May 06, 2009, 16:18 »
T-Rex did the same thing when his father disappeared mid-incubation at the Radisson.  So it appears to depend on the site, birds, battles, timing, phase of the moon, ...

Offline bev.

• Phanatic
  • Old Bird
« Reply #22 on: May 06, 2009, 15:36 »
Two years ago in Ft.  SAskatchewan , the transmitter male came back late. The female ,hisold mate, already had eggs.  The Transmittter male defeated the new male and went on to help the female incubate and raise the young.

Offline carly

• Phanatic
  • Old Bird
« Reply #21 on: May 06, 2009, 13:26 »
Yes it does help thank you.  Sure seems to be alot of drama in Southern Ontario this year.

I anxiously await to hear who the victor in the dispute was, was it Freedom come back to claim his nest site, was it the male who defeated him or...was it someone totally new.  I'm surprised he mentioned Millie as earlier they said both male and female were new...more to this tale than meets the eye.