Author Topic: U of Alberta - 2008 / Damon & Radisson  (Read 177870 times)

Offline carly

• Phanatic
  • Old Bird
Re: U of Alberta - 2008 / Damon & Radisson
« Reply #859 on: August 07, 2008, 17:09 »
Lol..gees thanks Bev!   She might see other birds maybe or mom/dad may also be positioning themselves in preparation for her first flight, so one of them can take off just as they do to guide them - I've seen that before.

I"m going to take a quick shower..dont' go anywhere Cassie...pretty please  ;D ;D

Offline bev.

• Phanatic
  • Old Bird
« Reply #858 on: August 07, 2008, 16:19 »
I have to go out for a bit but I will be back before I go down to the site.

Radisson started off so well , taking everything out.  Oh well,  I am sure that is what  my house is going to look like till the fledge.  ;D ;D
I still have my own stuff to do but I keep this up and check often.

she seems to go to the areas where there is not a s much(far and few between)

I am not sure what she is looking down at.  there should be no one on the roof.

Happy heart stopping watching

Offline carly

• Phanatic
  • Old Bird
« Reply #857 on: August 07, 2008, 16:04 »
Speaking of tendons and other creepy body parts, mom just dropped one off for Cassie :D  Oh yummy  :o

Offline Loriann

• Phanatic
  • Fledgling
« Reply #856 on: August 07, 2008, 15:15 »
mmmm sinew.. yum !

This reminds me of a treat my fiance takes to my parents dog.  The ingredient list is "tendon."  I giggle every time.

kind of like the ones we get our dog.. main and only ingredient in the one is 'hoof' .  nuff said.. the other one is 'pork' .. only its AN EAR !

YIKES   :o

Offline carly

• Phanatic
  • Old Bird
« Reply #855 on: August 07, 2008, 15:08 »
the debris in that box !.. my goodness...    :-X

poor bird wants out just to escape the left-overs.. 

Lol..I know, our poor girl - the box is such a nightmare and I keep alternating being defending Radisson cause I know she's a first time mom to wanting to help Cassie escape the madness...if anything that will ensure she fledges sooner!

Thanks Bev for the replay, I was watching from work when I could and I too was wondering who or what she was looking at down below.  I noticed a big wing in the box and thought I had missed a food drop but it may be from earlier today and maybe the heat kept her from eating it all or she's just realized she better save it for later as the drops are getting rarer  :D

Offline Pchemist

• Past Member
  • Old Bird
« Reply #854 on: August 07, 2008, 15:00 »
mmmm sinew.. yum !

This reminds me of a treat my fiance takes to my parents dog.  The ingredient list is "tendon."  I giggle every time.

Offline Loriann

• Phanatic
  • Fledgling
« Reply #853 on: August 07, 2008, 14:48 »
the debris in that box !.. my goodness...    :-X

poor bird wants out just to escape the left-overs..  She has changed again today...looks less and less like a 'baby'..

mmmm sinew.. yum !

Offline bev.

• Phanatic
  • Old Bird
« Reply #852 on: August 07, 2008, 14:33 »
Now I Wish she would stay inside 

Nope , it is not me there. I am going down after supper becasue  then it is coller and that
Back in the box. NIce flap jump inside and she is lying down at the front is when she was active yesterday.   I want to check out a few things.

First picture is her ripping some nice sinew( :D) second is her just going back in box just now. Nice flap jump

Offline bev.

• Phanatic
  • Old Bird
« Reply #851 on: August 07, 2008, 14:22 »
Now for the action

Offline bcbird

• Phanatic
  • Old Bird
« Reply #850 on: August 07, 2008, 14:13 »
It looks like a very large leftover still in the box as seen from cam 3 view.  I thought it was another bird inside until I checked cam 2!
She's very attentive again on that last rung.  I know it's not you down there Bev, but she was very interested in something down below for awhile.
Whew, good thing it's not a windy day, that wing spread is magnificent, but heartstopping
for us.

Offline bev.

• Phanatic
  • Old Bird
« Reply #849 on: August 07, 2008, 14:04 »
so Cassie went inside for awhile and then about 12:23 edmonton time she came out cacking  I twas a real show.  I might have missed a drop or she went back in and ate leftovers but she is eating now

I have a long series of pictures of her erupting from her nap

the first 2 are here and then I will post the others next. she must have seen the adults flying around or they were just staying out of the sun and she wanted attention ;D ;D

Offline bev.

• Phanatic
  • Old Bird
« Reply #848 on: August 07, 2008, 12:00 »
Do not worry. she  is still there. ;D ;D she is in back of nest box getting out of the sun.

Offline carly

• Phanatic
  • Old Bird
« Reply #847 on: August 07, 2008, 11:06 »
ACK! - Haven't been on since yesterday morning - is that Cassie out on the EDGE of the LAST rail?? - Yikes!! 

Lol...it's been an exciting 24 hours for sure!!  Thanks for the great shots again Bev.  I ran out of my meeting and was relieved to see she's still with us.  I expect that after 1 month in the box, this must be so exciting for her to see all the new things...hard on us though  ;D

Offline ballywing

• Phanatic
  • Old Bird
« Reply #846 on: August 07, 2008, 10:45 »
ACK! - Haven't been on since yesterday morning - is that Cassie out on the EDGE of the LAST rail?? - Yikes!!  :o - one wayward gust while she's stretching her wings might find her fledging, much to her surprise!!! - will be able to keep an eye on her better today -  8)

Offline bcbird

• Phanatic
  • Old Bird
« Reply #845 on: August 07, 2008, 10:28 »
So glad you got that sequence, Bev.