Author Topic: Passages - Froona Veldhuis, Netherlands  (Read 7335 times)

Offline carly

• Phanatic
  • Old Bird
Re: Passages - Froona Veldhuis, Netherlands
« Reply #3 on: April 04, 2009, 16:37 »
I just received this tragic news from SGB.

"I just wanted you to know that Froona has passed away...I received an email from Ingrid letting me know...She died at 21:15, with her brother and neighbor at her bedside."

A huge loss for the world, she was such a beautiful person and through her web site you could clearly see that she absolutely adored peregrine falcons.

I just know that her spirit is now soaring with the falcons.  Rest in peace Froona and as you always used to say when one of our beloved falcons passed on 'Fly Free!.

Offline The Peregrine Chick

• Administrator
  • Old Bird
    • Peregrine Falcon Recovery Project (Manitoba)
Re: Passages - Froona Veldhuis, Netherlands
« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2009, 09:37 »
Who or What is Froona?  This from Carly ...

She [Froona] works for the Netherlands Peregrine Project (S2 and Pa are the ones she looks after directly I believe) but she reports on every single peregrine nest in the world with a web cam on her english blog. Her NL blog is in Dutch.

Here is the link for her world wide blog:

http://falcoperegrinus-froona.blogspot.com/

Offline carly

• Phanatic
  • Old Bird
Passages - Froona Veldhuis, Netherlands
« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2009, 08:55 »
I know that some of you frequent Froona's NL website and blog on peregrines and may be aware that she has recently taken ill. 

As per Dutcheagle who first broke the news:  She was admitted to hospital with very serious lung/breathing problems and is currently in IC and on breathing support.  Current updates say that her condition has stabalized but remains unchanged.

She is also a contributor on the BCAW board and has her own special section there.  As such they have set up a post that is keeping everyone appraised of Froona's condition and is being updated by friends from the NL.  You can also leave Get Well Wishes there:

http://www.hostingphpbb.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=71&mforum=peregrinefalcon