Author Topic: U of Alberta - 2009 / Damon & Radisson  (Read 116349 times)

Offline bev.

• Phanatic
  • Old Bird
Re: U of Alberta - September 2009
« Reply #2416 on: September 07, 2009, 21:37 »
Peter will continue to keep an eye on both sites for me and will psot what he finds ubtil he heads out here.

Have a great day and talk to you when I get back

Offline bev.

• Phanatic
  • Old Bird
« Reply #2415 on: September 07, 2009, 21:36 »
just a quick hi. I miss my falcons and my hubby,

Been quite a stressful time here but I will not go  into it  in  this thread.

I was not surprised to find out about Mr. white. I mentioned several times to the team that I did not think he made it off the nest ledge. I think the heat got to him.  I will post a  picture of where he was found when I get home. He would not have been visible and I was  wonderingif that is w here he was.
I had mentioned once to the biologists that I thought maybe he had not made it off the roof but I do not think  they  would have risked spooking Mr. red or Froona to look for him there. Gord had e- emailed Peter with the news  before it was  posted on the  edmonton web site,so peter informed me.
i am so pleased that the otheres appear to be doing well. Peter has ben a true love to keep an eye on things for me. I do so like to see them leave but will not have the chance this year. Maybe Radisson adn Miss Edmonton will still be around when I get back.

i am also  thrilled that Miss  Edmonton appears to have snagged another mate.

Where Mr. Yellow  was seen is a favorite spot for yong peregrines to gathr befroe migrating. One of th4 biologists told us to check out ath away but I am here ;)

I will be  returning ,hopefully at the end of September if things go well.

Peter will continuew to keeop an eyw iobn

Offline bccs

• Phanatic
  • Old Bird
« Reply #2414 on: September 05, 2009, 19:44 »
Hugs and  :-* :-* to you and Bev, thanks for all the updates.

Offline allikat

• Phanatic
  • Old Bird
« Reply #2413 on: September 05, 2009, 19:07 »
Thanks so much for that update Mr. Bev (Peter)....appreciate very much!  It's amazing how quick the time has gone by....I can't believe it.
Hi to Bev for us all!

Offline BirdLover

• Phanatic
  • Fledgling
« Reply #2412 on: September 05, 2009, 18:41 »
Good for you, Mr. bev.  I am sure that she will need a short vacation after being nursemaid that long.

Thanks for the report!  Would be great if you got to see any of the UA kids or parents.

Offline carly

• Phanatic
  • Old Bird
« Reply #2411 on: September 05, 2009, 18:40 »
Thanks for the report Peter!  Say hi to Bev for me!

Offline bev.

• Phanatic
  • Old Bird
« Reply #2410 on: September 05, 2009, 18:34 »
Hi: Peter (Mr. Bev) here. Just went down to the Weber building to check on "Weber Girl" aka "Homeless" aka "Transmitter Girl". Saw her sitting on the W proud as punch and to my surprise off to the right of her on a ledge just below was another falcon. Could be she has found a new mate. Wouldn't that be great! I took pictures but don't know how to add them to this post. Haven't had that lesson yet from Bev. Also went down to the University of Alberta but only saw the adult female. Not surprising as it was the middle of the day. I'll go down again in the evening in a day or two and I'm sure I'll see more of them. Its getting that time of year where they are thinking of migrating so would like to see them as much as possible.

Bev won't be back till the end of September as she has to still play nursemaid to Dad and I will be going out there to help her and hopefully drag her away for a short holiday.

Offline allikat

• Phanatic
  • Old Bird
« Reply #2409 on: September 05, 2009, 15:31 »
Allikat, if I didn't know you, I'd say you are of the flower child era.
Your music quotes are fantastic. :-*
:P

Offline bccs

• Phanatic
  • Old Bird
« Reply #2408 on: September 05, 2009, 06:24 »
Allikat, if I didn't know you, I'd say you are of the flower child era.
Your music quotes are fantastic. :-*

Offline allikat

• Phanatic
  • Old Bird
« Reply #2407 on: September 04, 2009, 22:41 »
it would be so cool to be able to fly like the peregrines can....fast and furious!!!!!  WOO HOO!!!!
"well, you don't know what we can find, why don't you ride with me little girl, on a magic carpet ride".... ;D

Offline bccs

• Phanatic
  • Old Bird
« Reply #2406 on: September 04, 2009, 22:39 »
Yup bcbird, and it's profoundly remarkable what is there, we are unknowing till we gaze.

Offline bcbird

• Phanatic
  • Old Bird
« Reply #2405 on: September 04, 2009, 22:25 »
-- there's a whole new world up there in the sky that has been virtually unknown to me for much too long.  ;D

I agree!  Isn't it amazing how much more there is up there now that one knows a bit about what might be seen? 

Offline Kinderchick

• Phanatic
  • Old Bird
« Reply #2404 on: September 01, 2009, 21:56 »
Thanks to both Eli and TPC -- it's so great to have this chance to learn more about not only the peregrines but the other raptors as well -- there's a whole new world up there in the sky that has been virtually unknown to me for much too long.  ;D
Yes, thanks for all of the interesting information, TPC. :)

Offline Saoirse

• Phanatic
  • Old Bird
« Reply #2403 on: September 01, 2009, 14:31 »
Thanks to both Eli and TPC -- it's so great to have this chance to learn more about not only the peregrines but the other raptors as well -- there's a whole new world up there in the sky that has been virtually unknown to me for much too long.  ;D

Offline The Peregrine Chick

• Administrator
  • Old Bird
    • Peregrine Falcon Recovery Project (Manitoba)
« Reply #2402 on: September 01, 2009, 14:26 »
No prob Eli, I couldn't necessarily identify a peregrine at 80 km/h either!  Good news is that it becomes easier with practice and it sounds like you are getting lots of great opportunities to practice!!!