Manitoba Peregrines > West Winnipeg Peregrines

West Winnipeg - 2021 / Hart & Esme

(1/6) > >>

The Peregrine Chick:
It is amazing how much I miss the West Winnipeg camera! Most of our nests don't have cameras so what's one more ... damn it (excuse my profanity) it does make a difference! Why does technology get so dumb at the same time that it is getting smart?!!!

Anywho, rant over. Camera or no camera, I look up when I go past West Winnipeg. As I did today on my way back from one errand and on my way to the next. No time to detour or stop or anything, but still above me in the sky was a peregrine, not soaring like one of the adults but rather flapping and circling in an inexperienced though not inept manner. And maintaining good altitude and with nice speed as it wheeled around.  My first thought, which after so many years is better than 50/50 but not 100%, was that this was one of the girls test driving the big flappies and doing a decent job of it. And then I was past and out of sight.

Thank heavens for the lack of wind I heat waves and 🤬 technology that interferes with our being able to watch that first big leap, even if just a recording!!!

The Peregrine Chick:
The Radisson chicks are closing in on fledging - same too for the West Wpg girls - without our cam at this site I can't provide an ETA but they are a feisty pair that's for sure!  Good thing about hot weather, there is generally less wind (excepting during T-storms that may accompany the heat of course).  Nice thing about this nest site is there is a ramp to the roof so the chicks can get lots of pre-fledging exercise - which they usually do - which seems (knock on wood) to help with their wing strength and flight skills!

photosbydennis:
No need to strain your eyes…go to link for your easy viewing pleasure.
https://pbase.com/photosbydennis/west_winnipeg_2021

photosbydennis:
West Wpg Banding Gallery now created with a few photos in place…more to be added soon. Along with flight captures from the days event.
https://pbase.com/photosbydennis/west_winnipeg_2021

birdbrain:
Yes so good to hear Hart has a family this year and that they are healthy!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version