Author Topic: Radisson - 2021 / Pip & Ella  (Read 39266 times)

Offline The Peregrine Chick

• Administrator
  • Old Bird
    • Peregrine Falcon Recovery Project (Manitoba)

• Administrator
  • Old Bird

• Administrator
  • Old Bird

• Administrator
  • Old Bird
Re: Radisson - 2021 / Pip & Ella
« Reply #277 on: July 05, 2021, 21:43 »
When you were panning the camera I noticed when you went by the Roger's building it looked like there may have been birds on the R and S.  The shape looks like a falcon laying down.  It looked like the one on the R moved position as in sitting up and then it lay back down.   ???  :-X  :-\  Then again this could be the way the signs letters look normally.  ???

They look a bit like that but they are much too small - Pip has liked to cache food there in the past so I suspect that's what they are ... would love to know what they are but can't get close enough to get a clear image. When the chicks were young he only brought really small prey for Ella to feed to the chicks ...

• Administrator
  • Old Bird

• Administrator
  • Old Bird

Offline RCF

• Phanatic
  • Old Bird
« Reply #274 on: July 05, 2021, 12:23 »
 :)

https://youtu.be/6viZlf6NshA

Opened up the cam this morning to see.....nobody.  :( - Went backwards about 4 1/2 hours and managed to see somebirdie fledge!! - Looked like a good strong takeoff, and I think the other one had already gone - no sign of either of them now.  :) - Hope all is well for Luke & Leia!!  8) :-*

Offline RCF

• Phanatic
  • Old Bird
« Reply #273 on: July 04, 2021, 19:18 »
When you were panning the camera I noticed when you went by the Roger's building it looked like there may have been birds on the R and S.  The shape looks like a falcon laying down.  It looked like the one on the R moved position as in sitting up and then it lay back down.   ???  :-X  :-\  Then again this could be the way the signs letters look normally.  ???

« Last Edit: July 04, 2021, 20:43 by RCF »

• Administrator
  • Old Bird
« Reply #272 on: July 04, 2021, 17:28 »
Took the West side skycam and east side ledge cam for a tour around to see what I could see - only Ella on the east side ledge napping

https://twitter.com/mbperegrines/status/1411804604044619779

Offline ballywing

• Phanatic
  • Old Bird
« Reply #271 on: July 04, 2021, 15:17 »
Ah - so the 'Fledge' wasn't a real Fledge then - Just a big hop....LOL.... Hope we can see them again but with the new 'play area' they've discovered, maybe we won't - we'll wait for updates TPC!! ;D

• Administrator
  • Old Bird

Offline GCG

• Phanatic
  • Old Bird
« Reply #269 on: July 04, 2021, 04:07 »
A lot sure has happened.  I went into the hospital with pneumonia, when they freshly hatched, to come out and see they are close to fledging.   ;D :D :o

Wishing you continued good health, newchick!  :)

• Administrator
  • Old Bird
« Reply #267 on: July 04, 2021, 00:42 »
Opened up the cam this morning to see.....nobody.  :( - Went backwards about 4 1/2 hours and managed to see somebirdie fledge!! - Looked like a good strong takeoff, and I think the other one had already gone - no sign of either of them now.  :) - Hope all is well for Luke & Leia!!  8) :-*

Not quite a fledge, rather Luke taking a big leap down the ledge. He did it well though especially because he hasn't been running around outside the box for more than a day and a night!  Was able to see where he landed with one of the other cams. He took a few steps after landing and I lost sight of him when it looked like he went through the opening in the louvres near the end of the ledge (there are two on this ledge - one just a foot from the nestbox and the other down near the south end of the ledge). There are openings in the louvres on all four sides so they can pick and choose where they want to spend their time!