Author Topic: CA / San Francisco - Downtown Nest - 2009-22  (Read 7113 times)

Offline kittenface

• Past Member
  • Chick
Re: CA / San Francisco - PG&E - 2010 / Dapper Dan & Diamond Lil
« Reply #6 on: February 28, 2010, 16:03 »
# 2 about 1:20 PST

Offline Alison

• Phanatic
  • Old Bird
Re: CA / San Francisco - PG&E - 2010 / Dapper Dan & Diamond Lil
« Reply #5 on: February 26, 2010, 16:35 »
Congratulations to Diamond Lil and Dapper Dan on their first egg! Since I can rarely access this cam, I'm assuming that the same pair is nesting here this year. Hoping for a good year for them.

I don't know whether this egg or the one in Italy arrived first.  :)

Offline carly

• Phanatic
  • Old Bird
CA / San Francisco - PG&E - 2010 / Dapper Dan & Diamond Lil
« Reply #4 on: February 26, 2010, 15:46 »
2010 NESTING SEASON

Ok this is the one - first egg on cam right now!!  First of the 2010 season maybe???  :o

http://www2.ucsc.edu/scpbrg/falconcamera.htm
« Last Edit: February 26, 2010, 15:55 by carly »

Offline skygirlblue

• Phanatic
  • Chick
    • Bird Cams Around the World forum
Re: CA / San Francisco - PG&E - 2009 / Dapper Dan & Diamond Lil
« Reply #3 on: June 13, 2009, 14:48 »
I personally do not follow this nest as closely as I would like to, but several BCAW members do...

THis has been a very tough fledge season for this nest...Hi died after colliding with..(sorry, can't remember), Kiewl sustained a fractured Clavicle and is in rehab.  She is expected to make a full recovery.  Liwa (the other female) has not been seen for over a week and is feared dead, tho' there are some watchers who continue to look for her.  They have beautiful pictures of Liwa (she had to be rescued~no injury) just a few days prior to her disappearance...Both parents regularly return to the ledge and are giving no indication that they are feeding anyone...Needless to say, the ones closest to this nest are heartbroken...

Fledging is so dangerous for these little ones... :'(

« Last Edit: June 13, 2009, 21:14 by The Peregrine Chick »

Offline skygirlblue

• Phanatic
  • Chick
    • Bird Cams Around the World forum
CA / San Francisco - PG& - 2009 / Dapper Dan & Diamond Lil
« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2009, 20:16 »
I just wanted to give a little update on this nest.  Apparently this is a new pair, Dapper Dan and Diamond Lil...Don't ya just love the names.. ;)
« Last Edit: June 13, 2009, 21:14 by The Peregrine Chick »

Offline The Peregrine Chick

• Administrator
  • Old Bird
    • Peregrine Falcon Recovery Project (Manitoba)
CA / San Francisco - Downtown Nest - 2009-22
« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2009, 19:05 »
Pacific Gas & Electric Company Building
San Francisco, California

The fourth of George's and Gracie's eggs was laid on March 17th and incubation began on the 14th.   

In 1999, George was pulled from a nest on the Oakland Bridge (SCPBRG pulls bridge nest chicks when they are at risk) and hack-released him from San Gregorio later that season.  Gracie is from an unknown location but was caught and banded a few months after fledging in 2001 (so when she was only a few months old) and re-released.

PG&E Nestbox Cam

As the population increased we began to see Peregrine Falcons in the San Francisco financial district and placed a nest box near a commonly used perch on the PG&E Headquarters Building in 1987. Sixteen years later in 2003, Peregrine Falcons nested for the first time and have been a closely watched fixture of downtown San Francisco ever since.