Other Peregrine Projects > Australian Peregrines

NSW - Charles Sturt University - 2018 / Xavier & Diamond

(1/18) > >>

Alison:

--- Quote from: burdi on December 19, 2018, 01:59 ---
YouTube feed interruptions

Published 19 December, 2018 | By Scott Banks

It has come to our attention that there are occasional current issues with the YouTube live camera feeds. I’ve received an email from one of our camera software providers who has noticed it as well. Apparently the problem lies inside YouTube. They’re apparently shutting off live feeds by accident! The software people are on to YouTube about it and hopefully there’ll be a solution soon. Lucky it’s a quiet time of the year for us (up the Concrete Hilton anyway). With much hotter days here now the falcons are more likely to hide away from the heat should still be active thereabouts. We’re lucky that the local subspecies isn’t a migratory type, so we can enjoy them all year round.

--- End quote ---

Thank you so much for all your updates, burdi!

Thank you also for the new link. I did try it, but it was not working. Now I know why.

I have continued to see a juvie return to the nest from time to time, and Diamond at the nest. I will not attempt to post photos, since all my photos are somehow being deleted.

burdi:

YouTube feed interruptions

Published 19 December, 2018 | By Scott Banks

It has come to our attention that there are occasional current issues with the YouTube live camera feeds. I’ve received an email from one of our camera software providers who has noticed it as well. Apparently the problem lies inside YouTube. They’re apparently shutting off live feeds by accident! The software people are on to YouTube about it and hopefully there’ll be a solution soon. Lucky it’s a quiet time of the year for us (up the Concrete Hilton anyway). With much hotter days here now the falcons are more likely to hide away from the heat should still be active thereabouts. We’re lucky that the local subspecies isn’t a migratory type, so we can enjoy them all year round.

Christmas to everyone!!

Link to this entire update by Scott Banks
Courtesy of FalconCam Project

burdi:
There’s a new link for the nest cam. Scott recently put the new link on YouTube but hasn't (so far) revised it on the CSU site.

For now, I’m using the following links:

Nest cam (new link) - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8MUZP3HZCEk

Ledge cam - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=36y9R0LxFxY

burdi:
Diamond was sitting on the ledge for quite a long time today, then finally at 03:11:14 pm - her handsome Xavier arrived - she may have been waiting for him. After enjoying a very sweet dance, Xavier left the nest box at 03:13:53 pm. (Currently, it is still available to watch on rewind.)

burdi:
Thank you to Cilla for another interesting update and a very nice photo of that beautiful male fairy-wren!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version