Manitoba Peregrines > McKenzie Seeds Peregrines

McKenzie Seeds - 2018 / Sol & Hurricane

(1/11) > >>

Alison:
Thank you for the update and excellent photos, RCF! Sol and Hurricane are both beautiful birds. I am sorry that they did not have chicks this year.

I hope next year will be much more successful for them.

RCF:
Well, I guess it's the end of another season for our falcons........It's a long wait until April!

Sol was here until September 25th and Hurricane stayed to October 3rd. The last time I saw her it was snowing and was on the south light preening.

Hurricane Oct 3/18

Sept 22/18

Sol  Sept 25/18

BirdLover:
Agreed TPC!  Thanks to RCF for keeping vigil.  I know how dedicated she is to this nest.

The Peregrine Chick:
https://twitter.com/mbperegrines/status/1021189422363095041

I said it in the tweet, but it does bear saying again, thank you to RCF for checking on these two daily!  She keep the vigil while Hurricane and Sol continued to trade places incubating their eggs.  Today when she phoned she had been out in the pouring rain when she finally saw Hurricane and Sol both out of the box at the same time!  Better than that, neither one of them seemed inclined to go back and cover the eggs as the rain came pouring down.  That's a total of 74 days of perseverance by Hurricane, Sol and RCF!!! Not sure who should get the parenting award this year - Hurricane and Sol or RCF!!!  ;D

Big round of applause!

The Peregrine Chick:

--- Quote from: sparkster on June 26, 2018, 22:21 ---TPC: Do you know if there were any this year that just did not hatch, or is it like the Radisson with no eggs?  :'( I realize there is no cam and that it might not be possible to check if there were eggs.

--- End quote ---

RCF has been watching incubation behaviour by both Sol and Hurricane which is different from the courting and/or pair bonding activity we have seen between Pip and Princess. Sol and Hurricane wouldn’t spend the amount of time they do nor switch off the way they have been if there weren’t eggs to incubate.  Princess and Pip just spend time in/at the nestbox, they aren’t using it for anything ... well Pip is certainly practicing his scrap-building but that’s not the same thing.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version