Author Topic: Radisson - 2018 / Pip & Princess  (Read 63713 times)

Offline ballywing

• Phanatic
  • Old Bird
Re: Radisson - 2018 / Pip & Princess
« Reply #136 on: May 09, 2018, 16:34 »
There's a birdie shadow showing, but whoever it is, is staying outside the nest for now.

Offline bev.

• Phanatic
  • Old Bird
« Reply #135 on: May 09, 2018, 12:36 »
 ;D ;D

pigeons are very brave Haroun falcon nests. ( do  not  know why)

Offline GCG

• Phanatic
  • Old Bird
« Reply #134 on: May 09, 2018, 11:50 »
Ummmm...... 2 Birdies are in the nest - but NOT Peregrines!!!???  :o ??? :-\  (Crows maybe?) - Where are Pip & Princess to protect their territory?  8)

Pigeons  ;D

I did not know that there is a food/pigeon "Skip the Dishes" delivery service for our Radisson Royals.  ;D

Offline ballywing

• Phanatic
  • Old Bird
« Reply #133 on: May 09, 2018, 11:39 »
Well they'd better skedaddle or they'll be lunch!  :P

Offline RCF

• Phanatic
  • Old Bird
« Reply #132 on: May 09, 2018, 11:09 »
Ummmm...... 2 Birdies are in the nest - but NOT Peregrines!!!???  :o ??? :-\  (Crows maybe?) - Where are Pip & Princess to protect their territory?  8)

Pigeons  ;D

Offline ballywing

• Phanatic
  • Old Bird
« Reply #131 on: May 09, 2018, 10:56 »

Offline burdi

• Phanatic
  • Fledgling
« Reply #130 on: May 08, 2018, 21:39 »
It sounds like you still have to make trips to check the east side ledge, TPC. I'm just wondering if there's been any further progress on the cams?

We've been doing what cam work we can both here at the Radisson and at Logan where it is looking more and more like Faith is not going to nest in the box.  At the Radisson at least, until we know where she's going to nest we don't want to spend all our time on the nestbox cams just in case she chooses the ledge.  Regardless, it looks like y'all will have much more viewing time this year than in other years - normally we would go live 10-14 days before hatch, this year it looks like everyone will be able to watch them do most of their incubating as well!!  (knock on wood because tech is never predictable!)
And yes, it is a hardship to visit the nestsites on a weekly basis but we are willing to make the sacrifice  ;D
Thank you for all of the time spent checking sites and working on the cams, which is understandably difficult to prioritize when you don't know where our falcons will nest.

I do hope that a cam (such as the skycam) will soon be able to provide some help for you, TPC.

And the possibility of a longer viewing time this year sounds great!  :)

Offline burdi

• Phanatic
  • Fledgling
« Reply #129 on: May 08, 2018, 21:10 »
It was great to read about the sightings today - now I'm hopeful again - and thank you for the pictures, RCF. It's nice to see more scraping!  :)

Offline RCF

• Phanatic
  • Old Bird
« Reply #128 on: May 08, 2018, 19:35 »
Happened to be watching the Shaw connection for the nest box and saw a shadow of someone sitting on the edge of the nest box, then the birdie jumped into the nest box for a very short time and then was out of it again.  Could not tell who it was as it was so quick and the picture so small.  But at least I saw someone in the right place.

I think it was Pip. He was in there a few times this afternoon, he did a little scraping.  :)

« Last Edit: May 08, 2018, 19:52 by RCF »

Offline ballywing

• Phanatic
  • Old Bird
« Reply #127 on: May 08, 2018, 18:44 »
Ohhh - Good!!!! - :D  Every time I check the cam, the nest box is empty. - Good to know somebirdie is still nearby!  ;D

Offline Jazzerkins

• Phanatic
  • Chick
« Reply #126 on: May 08, 2018, 18:13 »
Happened to be watching the Shaw connection for the nest box and saw a shadow of someone sitting on the edge of the nest box, then the birdie jumped into the nest box for a very short time and then was out of it again.  Could not tell who it was as it was so quick and the picture so small.  But at least I saw someone in the right place.

Offline ballywing

• Phanatic
  • Old Bird
« Reply #125 on: May 08, 2018, 12:35 »
Thought I saw a birdie sitting on the letter 'N' of the west Radisson sign around 9am today - also thought I saw another birdie around the same time on the 'A" of the Manitoba Hydro building - facing east. - Wasn't clear, just little 'lumps' but kinda looked like our birdies!!  ;D

Offline The Peregrine Chick

• Administrator
  • Old Bird
    • Peregrine Falcon Recovery Project (Manitoba)
« Reply #124 on: May 08, 2018, 10:02 »
It sounds like you still have to make trips to check the east side ledge, TPC. I'm just wondering if there's been any further progress on the cams?

And yes, it is a hardship to visit the nestsites on a weekly basis but we are willing to make the sacrifice  ;D

Offline The Peregrine Chick

• Administrator
  • Old Bird
    • Peregrine Falcon Recovery Project (Manitoba)
« Reply #123 on: May 08, 2018, 10:01 »

We've been doing what cam work we can both here at the Radisson and at Logan where it is looking more and more like Faith is not going to nest in the box.  At the Radisson at least, until we know where she's going to nest we don't want to spend all our time on the nestbox cams just in case she chooses the ledge.  Regardless, it looks like y'all will have much more viewing time this year than in other years - normally we would go live 10-14 days before hatch, this year it looks like everyone will be able to watch them do most of their incubating as well!!  (knock on wood because tech is never predictable!)

Offline burdi

• Phanatic
  • Fledgling
« Reply #122 on: May 08, 2018, 04:12 »