Author Topic: Radisson - 2018 / Pip & Princess  (Read 63688 times)

Offline The Peregrine Chick

• Administrator
  • Old Bird
    • Peregrine Falcon Recovery Project (Manitoba)
Re: Radisson - 2018 / Pip & Princess
« Reply #121 on: May 07, 2018, 21:19 »
I think we’re going to be in a wait and see what story Princess and Pip want to tell us!
Not much we can do at this point, but, waiting, and more waiting, is what it looks like, unfortunately.  :-X

As long as we are waiting there is hope Princess will choose the nestbox ... so I'm okay waiting for a few more days before our nest nest check!  ;D

Offline allikat

• Phanatic
  • Old Bird
« Reply #120 on: May 07, 2018, 21:11 »
I think we’re going to be in a wait and see what story Princess and Pip want to tell us!
Not much we can do at this point, but, waiting, and more waiting, is what it looks like, unfortunately.  :-X
« Last Edit: May 07, 2018, 21:16 by allikat »

Offline ballywing

• Phanatic
  • Old Bird
« Reply #119 on: May 07, 2018, 15:21 »
Yes it's a later start for sure - the temps were so cold I guess they stayed away longer. - No worries about that - just nesting location!  :o :P

Offline bev.

• Phanatic
  • Old Bird
« Reply #118 on: May 07, 2018, 15:04 »
remember the falcons are later this year.  we are just now getting eggs and we have one with no eggs yet.  some of yours came back on time but your key one s came in later

Offline Moonstar

• Phanatic
  • Fledgling
« Reply #117 on: May 07, 2018, 14:46 »
Is this going to be a year of no eggs and little ones.  Have there not been eggs laid anywhere here yet.
I was sure we usually had eggs that were being incubated by now.  ??? ???

Offline burdi

• Phanatic
  • Fledgling
« Reply #116 on: May 07, 2018, 03:46 »
So far the scrape in the box is empty but when we checked there wasn't anything on the nestledge either ... so we wait ... impatiently ...  ;)
I might have misinterpreted the "nestledge" you mentioned, TPC. I'm not certain, but since my earlier reply (at 14:47) I've noticed that your post could very well have meant the ledge on the balcony of the nestbox, as you did not mention the dreaded east word. Anyhow, I'm sorry if I got it all wrong.

So I'll continue to wait (impatiently) until you have further news to share about Pip and Princess.

Offline burdi

• Phanatic
  • Fledgling
« Reply #115 on: May 06, 2018, 14:58 »
Hopefully Pip and Princess haven't been forced to leave the Radisson, however, it appears we may have to face that sad reality. :'(  They might have been in search of a safer place to raise a family, and if so, I wonder where they're trying to settle in ... could they have found an empty nestbox?  :-\  ???

Offline burdi

• Phanatic
  • Fledgling
« Reply #114 on: May 06, 2018, 14:47 »
So far the scrape in the box is empty but when we checked there wasn't anything on the nestledge either ... so we wait ... impatiently ...  ;)
Impatiently is right, and now that it seems they won't be using the east ledge either - we're left with a lot of room for speculation.

Offline Moonstar

• Phanatic
  • Fledgling
« Reply #113 on: May 06, 2018, 09:50 »
What is the latest day Princess has  laid eggs?

Offline The Friesens

• Phanatic
  • Chick
« Reply #112 on: May 06, 2018, 09:40 »
This is an excellent question

Offline GCG

• Phanatic
  • Old Bird
« Reply #111 on: May 06, 2018, 07:59 »
All kidding aside, is it possible that Princess could be put off by all the Whiteout action, parties, etc. downtown, TPC?

Good question susha! The Jets beat Nashville last night and return to Winnipeg to play tomorrow (Monday) night, what could be the elimination of Nashville. No doubt there will be record crowds. I am also wondering how the noise level, not to mention the rowdiness of fans will effect Princess and Pip.

Offline susha

• Phanatic
  • Old Bird
« Reply #110 on: May 05, 2018, 21:45 »
All kidding aside, is it possible that Princess could be put off by all the Whiteout action, parties, etc. downtown, TPC?

Offline The Peregrine Chick

• Administrator
  • Old Bird
    • Peregrine Falcon Recovery Project (Manitoba)
« Reply #109 on: May 05, 2018, 14:50 »

Offline ballywing

• Phanatic
  • Old Bird
« Reply #108 on: May 04, 2018, 17:52 »
Yes it's high time that scrape gets used, it's a very nice one in a very good location!  ;D

Offline burdi

• Phanatic
  • Fledgling
« Reply #107 on: May 04, 2018, 16:13 »
Thank you for posting your peregrine sightings, Pam and Ballywing! :) All that I've been seeing is Pip's very nice (though very empty) scrape.