Manitoba Peregrines > West Winnipeg Peregrines

West Winnipeg - 2017 / Ty & Faith

(1/21) > >>

Alison:

--- Quote from: The Peregrine Chick on September 03, 2017, 13:35 ---Sad news ... Beaumont from Beau's and Beatrix's 2014 nest here at West Winnipeg has been found dead.

Read more about it on the blog - Sept 02 - Bittersweet

Thank you to Bccs for passing along the information from her friend

--- End quote ---

I was very sad to read of the loss of Beamont. It is also sad that he was found back home in Winnipeg, and that we will never know what happened to him, or where he spent the years in between. It never gets any easier to lose one of these magnificent birds.

bev.:

--- Quote from: carly on September 03, 2017, 20:22 ---
--- Quote from: The Peregrine Chick on September 03, 2017, 13:35 ---Sad news ... Beaumont from Beau's and Beatrix's 2014 nest here at West Winnipeg has been found dead.

Read more about it on the blog - Sept 02 - Bittersweet

Thank you to Bccs for passing along the information from her friend

--- End quote ---

so sorry ot hear this. it is always hard.

:'( :'( :'(

--- End quote ---

burdi:

--- Quote from: The Peregrine Chick on September 08, 2017, 15:33 ---https://twitter.com/mbperegrines/status/906253611965042688

--- End quote ---
I’m happy to know that Faith has been seen visiting her nest area (as well as Logan). She’s probably just lonely and looking around for company … hmm, looks like you were right (again!), TPC.  ;)

The Peregrine Chick:
https://twitter.com/mbperegrines/status/906253611965042688

burdi:

--- Quote from: The Peregrine Chick on September 02, 2017, 23:06 ---
--- Quote from: burdi on September 02, 2017, 19:02 ---Maybe they think it’s all over? ??? TPC?

--- End quote ---

I think Faith is just lonely and Logan is where she last had company.  Haven't seen any of the other birds around since I saw Hart a couple of days ago.  Faith was at the Logan nest for pretty much all day today and never saw anyone else.  Maybe the peregrines know something we don't.  I know the migration sites are up and running - in Boise Idaho, they had 475 raptors go through their site on September 1st.  Seems early to me, but may have to check previous years' records to be sure.  Maybe Winter is Coming sooner than we'd like.

(sorry about the Game of Thrones pun, haven't been watching the series but I do know some of the catchphrases!)

--- End quote ---

Yes, maybe the peregrines do know something we don't.

I’ll try to think more positive, TPC. Thank you for sharing your thoughts.

And a little laughter is helpful at times, I believe.  :)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version