Author Topic: Radisson - 2016 / Smiley & Princess  (Read 112039 times)

Offline The Peregrine Chick

• Administrator
  • Old Bird
    • Peregrine Falcon Recovery Project (Manitoba)
Re: Radisson - 2016 / Smiley & Princess
« Reply #659 on: July 22, 2016, 11:27 »

Thank you for taking the skycam for a look around the downtown area yesterday, TPC. I just happened to be watching at the right time! :D 

That was a very wicked storm! The sky was so eerie and it left so much damage behind. :(  I'm hoping all of our birds managed to stay safe.

You are very welcome ... don't know when CBC will turn off the cam so don't always remember to check if it is still up and running  8)

Offline Liz

• Phanatic
  • Old Bird
« Reply #658 on: July 21, 2016, 18:55 »
Thanks for posting this, TPC. I appreciate the quick link!

Peregrine's eye view of last night's storm - the Radisson is visible in the first section of this video ...

http://www.ctvnews.ca/video?playlistId=1.2995845

Offline burdi

• Phanatic
  • Fledgling
« Reply #657 on: July 21, 2016, 10:40 »

Thank you for taking the skycam for a look around the downtown area yesterday, TPC. I just happened to be watching at the right time! :D 

That was a very wicked storm! The sky was so eerie and it left so much damage behind. :(  I'm hoping all of our birds managed to stay safe.

Offline burdi

• Phanatic
  • Fledgling
« Reply #656 on: July 21, 2016, 10:36 »
Peregrine's eye view of last night's storm - the Radisson is visible in the first section of this video ...

That's a great video! I saw it already - it was a super fast time lapse - all in about 1 minute!

• Administrator
  • Old Bird
« Reply #655 on: July 21, 2016, 10:25 »

Offline burdi

• Phanatic
  • Fledgling
« Reply #654 on: July 21, 2016, 10:24 »
This is what it looked like on the ledge cam during the latter part of the storm ...

Whoa, what a great catch with the ledge cam, TPC! Green skies are sure scary!

Offline burdi

• Phanatic
  • Fledgling
« Reply #653 on: July 21, 2016, 10:16 »
I wasn’t able to post right away but I heard a falcon at the nest at 15:38 yesterday; however, by the time I looked he or she was flying away (so couldn’t tell if adult or chick). Later, at 16:23, I did see an adult who only stayed a minute or two.

« Last Edit: July 21, 2016, 18:55 by burdi »

• Administrator
  • Old Bird
« Reply #652 on: July 20, 2016, 21:22 »
Oh that's nice to hear ... though with all 10 chicks up and flying now, hard to say for sure who it might have been, could have been any three of our pairs, though likely a Radisson chick.  On the other hand, Cora, Nellie & Dixon have been up and flying for 3 weeks now and could be checking out things all over town or even out of town ...

That just boggles my mind to think that there are ten chicks flying around!  :o

Twelve counting Calvin & Hobbes out in Brandon  ;)

What I find boggling is that there are 10 chicks and at least 6 adults floating around town and we know most of the places they like to visit and STILL we mostly can't find them!!!  ::)

Offline susha

• Phanatic
  • Old Bird
« Reply #651 on: July 20, 2016, 21:16 »
Oh that's nice to hear ... though with all 10 chicks up and flying now, hard to say for sure who it might have been, could have been any three of our pairs, though likely a Radisson chick.  On the other hand, Cora, Nellie & Dixon have been up and flying for 3 weeks now and could be checking out things all over town or even out of town ...

That just boggles my mind to think that there are ten chicks flying around!  :o

• Administrator
  • Old Bird
« Reply #650 on: July 20, 2016, 21:13 »
This is what it looked like on the ledge cam during the latter part of the storm ...

There were also some amazing videos and photos on Twitter (www.twitter.com/mbperegrines) that I retweeted that if you are interested are worth looking at.  I'd post them here but the videos won't play on the forum.

• Administrator
  • Old Bird
« Reply #649 on: July 20, 2016, 12:34 »
Oh that's nice to hear ... though with all 10 chicks up and flying now, hard to say for sure who it might have been, could have been any three of our pairs, though likely a Radisson chick.  On the other hand, Cora, Nellie & Dixon have been up and flying for 3 weeks now and could be checking out things all over town or even out of town ...

Offline ballywing

• Phanatic
  • Old Bird
« Reply #648 on: July 20, 2016, 10:59 »
Saw a kiddie yesterday - just 1 this time - I was at the corner of Portage & Donald. He/She was just gliding around above the Sterling Building. Another lovely (short) 15 seconds of birdie sighting! :)

Offline susha

• Phanatic
  • Old Bird
« Reply #647 on: July 16, 2016, 15:07 »
Wow Bally!  Talk about being in the right place, etc.!!  So lucky! ;D

Offline burdi

• Phanatic
  • Fledgling
« Reply #646 on: July 15, 2016, 22:40 »

I had SUCH a treat after work today!!!!!!!

Wow Ballywing, how lucky you were!  :D

I’ll betcha Dennis would have liked to be there for that right place at the right time opportunity!  ;D

I'm so happy you saw two fledglings; maybe another time you'll get even luckier and spot all three together!

« Last Edit: July 16, 2016, 07:30 by burdi »

Offline ballywing

• Phanatic
  • Old Bird
« Reply #645 on: July 15, 2016, 20:51 »
I had SUCH a treat after work today!!!!!!! Was waiting for the bus at Portage & Sherbrook. Suddenly I hear a very familiar screeching that I haven't heard for a long time!  ;D  Looked up and there was one of the kiddies soaring up, up, up. I thought she/he was going to land on top of a high antenna tower, but she went right by it and back to the south side of Portage. I had a perfect view. And then a sibling joined him/her!!!!!!! - for the next 3 or so minutes I had a wonderful air show right in front of my eyes. The 2 of them soaring up and down, back and forth, then they'd dipsy-doodle around each other and almost look like they were touching wings, then back away again. They got further away and looked almost like butterflies fluttering about.  :D
Sure made waiting for the bus fun. I felt so lucky to have seen it. Made me wonder where kiddie #3 was. But these 2 sure looked like they were having a blast!!!  8)
 ;D ;D ;D