Author Topic: Radisson - 2016 / Smiley & Princess  (Read 112013 times)

Offline GCG

• Phanatic
  • Old Bird
Re: Radisson - 2016 / Smiley & Princess
« Reply #629 on: July 10, 2016, 17:04 »
OMG! Just saw the photo of the "body farm"! Now where is the janitor?

Offline GCG

• Phanatic
  • Old Bird
« Reply #628 on: July 10, 2016, 17:02 »
Exciting to hear that the chicks realize that there is no place like home including their "leftovers".  :P Thanks burdi and TPC for your updates and thanks Alison for your amazing photos.

Offline The Peregrine Chick

• Administrator
  • Old Bird
    • Peregrine Falcon Recovery Project (Manitoba)
« Reply #627 on: July 10, 2016, 16:03 »
Looks like we had more than one visit last night about 2030h - all three chicks - or 3 chicks came to visit and one stayed overnight ...

actually, someone turned up just before 2000h, went inside the box, picked at some leftovers (yuck) and then curled up in the leftovers (super-yuck) and slept for about an hour ...

Offline Alison

• Phanatic
  • Old Bird
« Reply #626 on: July 10, 2016, 09:37 »

I believe my little friend left about 5:28. I didn't see this, but I heard a noise and the box was empty. :(

Thank you so much for posting these updates, Burdi. Good to know that one of the birds stayed around during the night.

I haven't seen anyone at the nest today so far.

Offline burdi

• Phanatic
  • Fledgling
« Reply #625 on: July 10, 2016, 06:54 »

I believe my little friend left about 5:28. I didn't see this, but I heard a noise and the box was empty. :(

Offline burdi

• Phanatic
  • Fledgling
« Reply #624 on: July 10, 2016, 06:51 »

I heard a bit of a ruckus from the nest at 3:03 but it was very difficult to see what was happening. The calling was the same as I heard about 3 hours earlier but it ended very quickly this time. I didn't catch the beginning to see if a parent dropped off a snack though I kind of presumed that was what happened. There was quite a bit of activity in the nest before our visitor jumped back up to the front edge, but for all I could tell that might have just been some stretching or playing (rather than eating). I also heard a little more calling around 4:36.

Offline burdi

• Phanatic
  • Fledgling
« Reply #623 on: July 10, 2016, 01:09 »
It's good to know someone is seeing the birds in person.

I saw one on cam this evening, starting at 20:59 Winnipeg time. Can't tell who this is. The bird had moved into the nest in the last pic, and may be spending the night.

I found it comforting to see our birds on the cam again. Thank you for posting pics, Alison. The bird you saw on the right front edge at 20:59 was one of the three (from the 20:39 visit) who chose to stay behind. This bird then moved into the nest (as shown in your last pic) and stayed there till around 22:35; he or she then moved back to the right front edge. I’ve since been sidetracked, but as I post I can still see the silhouette of our visitor who had been loudly complaining about something (at least 45 minutes ago), so I’m guessing this may be a hungry juvie.

Offline Alison

• Phanatic
  • Old Bird
« Reply #622 on: July 09, 2016, 23:01 »
One night, I saw one of the juvies go up on the edge of the nest at 12:40 a.m. Winnipeg time, preening and wing flapping.

Offline Alison

• Phanatic
  • Old Bird
« Reply #621 on: July 09, 2016, 22:58 »
It's good to know someone is seeing the birds in person.

I saw one on cam this evening, starting at 20:59 Winnipeg time. Can't tell who this is. The bird had moved into the nest in the last pic, and may be spending the night.

Offline burdi

• Phanatic
  • Fledgling
« Reply #620 on: July 09, 2016, 20:58 »
Last night shortly after 7pm I saw one birdie (kiddie) fly onto 'Fife's ...?? Tower? Smokestack? ...' - and another birdie on top of the Hydro Building thingy that sticks up.....  :-X Words are obviously escaping me today!  :P

The smokestack was Beatrix's, the solar chimney of the Hydro Building hasn't been anyone's as the winds are usually too "swirly" around it ...
Thank you for reporting, Ballywing, It’s nice to know someone actually saw them. I heard sombirdie at 20:42 Thursday and at 17:51 yesterday. I haven’t been around much, so there could have been more visits.

Just a while ago - at 20:39 I heard a noise and there were three birdies on the ledge! One quickly flew off, but two went into the box. Right now I can see one on the edge of the box, but I can't clearly see if the other one is still there. Hmmm, I wonder if they'll spend the night.

Offline The Peregrine Chick

• Administrator
  • Old Bird
    • Peregrine Falcon Recovery Project (Manitoba)
« Reply #619 on: July 09, 2016, 19:07 »
Last night shortly after 7pm I saw one birdie (kiddie) fly onto 'Fife's ...?? Tower? Smokestack? ...' - and another birdie on top of the Hydro Building thingy that sticks up.....  :-X Words are obviously escaping me today!  :P

The smokestack was Beatrix's, the solar chimney of the Hydro Building hasn't been anyone's as the winds are usually too "swirly" around it ...

Offline ballywing

• Phanatic
  • Old Bird
« Reply #618 on: July 09, 2016, 11:40 »
Just checked the cam - great wider view!!!!!!!!!!!  ;D ;D

Offline ballywing

• Phanatic
  • Old Bird
« Reply #617 on: July 09, 2016, 11:39 »

Offline Liz

• Phanatic
  • Old Bird
« Reply #616 on: July 06, 2016, 20:03 »
:'(  "I've got that empty nest feeling,"  :'(
Me too.  :(  I loved the angle on the Alt when we had it.

Offline newchick

• Phanatic
  • Chick
« Reply #615 on: July 06, 2016, 06:22 »
 :'(  "I've got that empty nest feeling,"  :'(