Author Topic: Radisson - 2016 / Smiley & Princess  (Read 112050 times)

Offline The Peregrine Chick

• Administrator
  • Old Bird
    • Peregrine Falcon Recovery Project (Manitoba)
Re: Radisson - 2016 / Smiley & Princess
« Reply #419 on: June 20, 2016, 13:15 »
They've sure come a long way from those little white balls of fluff! Every year, I love to watch them transform from fluff balls to actual peregrine falcons.  :)

Murderous little peregrines this year ... imagine Princess' genes crossing with Terminator's genes ... yikes!  I won't envy whomever has to run the gauntlet past one of these birds in order to band their chicks!!  ;D

With any luck, that'll be you, Dr. Bob and Dennis  ;D

You are an evil evil woman Susha wishing any one, let alone all three, of these little terrors on us when they are grown up and have even better aim and worse tempers!!!

But we'd do it and tell stories about it for years.  We'd even make sure we have colourful duck tape just in case  ;D

Offline susha

• Phanatic
  • Old Bird
« Reply #418 on: June 20, 2016, 11:30 »
They've sure come a long way from those little white balls of fluff! Every year, I love to watch them transform from fluff balls to actual peregrine falcons.  :)

Murderous little peregrines this year ... imagine Princess' genes crossing with Terminator's genes ... yikes!  I won't envy whomever has to run the gauntlet past one of these birds in order to band their chicks!!  ;D

With any luck, that'll be you, Dr. Bob and Dennis  ;D

Offline photosbydennis

• Project
  • Old Bird
    • www.pbase.com/photosbydennis
« Reply #417 on: June 20, 2016, 07:00 »
More flight photos of Smiley & Princess have been added to the gallery. Princess after 14 years still has the ability to fly at mach speed...what a delight to watch.

http://www.pbase.com/photosbydennis/radisson_2016

• Administrator
  • Old Bird
« Reply #416 on: June 19, 2016, 23:14 »

Offline Saoirse

• Phanatic
  • Old Bird
« Reply #415 on: June 19, 2016, 18:43 »

Offline carly

• Phanatic
  • Old Bird
« Reply #414 on: June 19, 2016, 13:18 »
Sorry for the confusion the "Red Bands" are used for a different application...the chicks still are getting "Black Bands" with the coloured tape on the other leg to easily identify.

Thank you Dennis! 

• Administrator
  • Old Bird
« Reply #413 on: June 19, 2016, 12:16 »
Three chicks this morning - hard to tell where one ends and the next begins!!

• Administrator
  • Old Bird
« Reply #412 on: June 19, 2016, 12:14 »
Street view this morning?  What's up with that?  :'( ::) :o

Fixed now!   ;D 8) :-*

Storm caused the cameras to reboot - sometimes the Hotel is affected, sometimes it isn't.  When it is, the cam resets to its default positioning, in this case, the view the peregrines have when they look down on us.

Offline newchick

• Phanatic
  • Chick
« Reply #411 on: June 19, 2016, 09:33 »

Fixed now!   ;D 8) :-*

Offline photosbydennis

• Project
  • Old Bird
    • www.pbase.com/photosbydennis
« Reply #410 on: June 19, 2016, 07:54 »
Sorry for the confusion the "Red Bands" are used for a different application...the chicks still are getting "Black Bands" with the coloured tape on the other leg to easily identify.

Offline newchick

• Phanatic
  • Chick
« Reply #409 on: June 19, 2016, 07:28 »

Offline carly

• Phanatic
  • Old Bird
« Reply #408 on: June 18, 2016, 20:12 »
Red bands now TPC?

Offline burdi

• Phanatic
  • Fledgling
« Reply #407 on: June 18, 2016, 19:14 »

I’m happy to say I watched the cam during banding.

Streaming was good and what I saw was short (and sweet, I thought), but then I wasn’t in that room with those three behemoth little terrors - especially our “miscreant” (as TPC referred to him). So for me it was enjoyable to watch as the chicks were removed and a cute little sign was left in their place. :D  The nest box was cleaned and the the male was placed back in the box first, followed by his two female siblings. They looked so adorable. TPC very gently nudged the little darlings toward the side for a photo op, I presumed. She also mentioned that a third falcon was flying in the area. Now I look forward to the recording of the actual banding.

Offline burdi

• Phanatic
  • Fledgling
« Reply #406 on: June 18, 2016, 18:26 »

Wow! Thanks for all the details of the Radisson banding today, TPC. Certainly made for interesting reading. 8)

Yes, I agree Kinderchick - that was a great report - detailed, fun, and very interesting. 8) 

I hope that you and Dr Bob heal quickly TPC, and thanks to everyone who helped get the job done. :)

Offline burdi

• Phanatic
  • Fledgling
« Reply #405 on: June 18, 2016, 18:00 »
Meet the Radisson Chicks...now working on a gallery for photos. I'll post the link when up and run.

Gorgeous!