Author Topic: NEW - Migration / Access / Operating Problems  (Read 1599 times)

Offline The Peregrine Chick

• Administrator
  • Old Bird
    • Peregrine Falcon Recovery Project (Manitoba)
Re: NEW - Migration / Access / Operating Problems
« Reply #7 on: August 05, 2023, 19:52 »
Not really about this forum, but about the Twitter feed.
I'm not a signed up member, so was thrilled when I tried connecting to TPC's feed, to have success.
Interestingly, posts back to 2017, in no apparent chronological order, were interspersed with this years posts, also not in chronological order.
It was very good to see some of those older posts again!

Oh I am sorry bcbird, I am doing my darnedest to figure out coding so that Twitter can't do that.  I have no problem with folks checking out old tweets and if there was something that bore repeating, I'd retweet it but folks don't always pay attention to the dates of things - for example - the top tweet in my feed right ow is about Princess' death that was January LAST YEAR.  It is very confusing for folks who don't notice the date on the tweet.  It's all about them driving more people to tweet more - nothing whatsoever to do with our needs and wants.  So as I said, I'm hoping to find a way around that!! 

Offline bcbird

• Phanatic
  • Old Bird
« Reply #6 on: July 27, 2023, 22:16 »
Not really about this forum, but about the Twitter feed.
I'm not a signed up member, so was thrilled when I tried connecting to TPC's feed, to have success.
Interestingly, posts back to 2017, in no apparent chronological order, were interspersed with this years posts, also not in chronological order.
It was very good to see some of those older posts again!

• Administrator
  • Old Bird
« Reply #5 on: May 29, 2023, 12:31 »
Two items I've noticed

While logged in, when I click show unread posts since last visit, there are none to be seen.  Only when I click show all unread posts,  can I then see the new post.

When I click on the new post, it goes directly to post following the last one I saw, but then quickly scrolls back at least a dozen posts.

Jazzerkins is having the same problem and I'm not having much success figuring it out yet.  But I'm working on it.

We hit the end of updates on the current version of the forum so I was planning to upgrade to the next version at the end of the nesting season.  The upgrade will require me to set up all the themes, colours, mods, membergroups etc so I'm leery about doing anything while the forum is busier.  Might be the upgrade goes quickly and smoothly - or it could take it offline for a week or two - don't want to do that while the birds are around.  Or until something essential stops working!  I'll keep folks in the loop  on this.

Please do keep posting problems as/if you come across them and I'll keep seeing what I can tweak!

As a note - if you scroll down the page almost to the bottom, you will find where it says "Forum Stats" and click on the link "View the most recent posts on the forum" - it lists the 10 most recent posts in reverse chronological order (newest at the top).  In case this helps while I try and work out what is going on!

Offline bcbird

• Phanatic
  • Old Bird
« Reply #4 on: May 28, 2023, 23:23 »
Two items I've noticed

While logged in, when I click show unread posts since last visit, there are none to be seen.  Only when I click show all unread posts,  can I then see the new post.

When I click on the new post, it goes directly to post following the last one I saw, but then quickly scrolls back at least a dozen posts.

Offline GCG

• Phanatic
  • Old Bird
« Reply #3 on: May 23, 2023, 09:29 »
As an example - all my Twitter posts aren't showing up as they should ... still puzzling over that one, seems to be quite random ...

Yes! I noticed that. That is why I follow you on Twitter as well.  ;D

• Administrator
  • Old Bird
« Reply #2 on: May 14, 2023, 12:33 »
As an example - all my Twitter posts aren't showing up as they should ... still puzzling over that one, seems to be quite random ...

• Administrator
  • Old Bird
NEW - Migration / Access / Operating Problems
« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2023, 12:32 »
Hey All,

We've migrated the forum over to the new site - you may have noticed the https:// in front of the website domain, if you hadn't no worries!

Mostly everything went smoothly, but that just means the wrinkles are small and harder to find/correct.  And this is where I need your help.

If you notice anything out of what you are used to - please post it here. 
Please include if you couldn't do what you wanted to do (i.e., send a message or post a photo or login the first time) or whether it was just something that looked different or was missing. 
Hope that makes sense.

May take me a bit to figure out what's going on, but we will keep looking.  And  I am looking to upgrade to the new forum software now that it is out of testing mode, which may solve any problems we may have - kind of a clean slate if you will.  And no we won't loose anything, just look and operate a bit different from what I understand.  But that won't be until the winter when it is quieter here.