Manitoba Peregrines > Brandon Tower Peregrines

Tower Nest - 2015 / ? & ?

(1/4) > >>

burdi:

--- Quote from: Kinderchick on October 07, 2015, 17:57 ---
--- Quote from: RCF on October 04, 2015, 15:02 ---...We checked again today and didn't see a falcon. However, we did see a couple of hawks, some cormorants, two pelicans, lots of ducks, many, many gulls, three swans and two Meadowlarks. Even though we didn't see a falcon, there is lots of food out there for the taking.

--- End quote ---

LOL! I waiting to read that you even spotted a partridge in a pear tree, RCF! ;)

--- End quote ---

Wow! - that list just goes on and on. ;D

Must be nice to see such a variety of birds in the area.

Kinderchick:

--- Quote from: RCF on October 04, 2015, 15:02 ---...We checked again today and didn't see a falcon. However, we did see a couple of hawks, some cormorants, two pelicans, lots of ducks, many, many gulls, three swans and two Meadowlarks. Even though we didn't see a falcon, there is lots of food out there for the taking.

--- End quote ---

LOL! I waiting to read that you even spotted a partridge in a pear tree, RCF! ;)

RCF:
When we were there yesterday one fellow came out of one of the buildings, opened the gate and motioned for us to go inside, so we did!  He was asking us about the peregrines and if they were still around.  I am pretty sure they know when we go check out the place....I guess it's like stalking or casing the joint.  ;D

Apparently their cameras can't see way up on the top catwalks, that's where we mostly see the birds.  I can't remember seeing the male on the lower ones, just the female and we haven't seen her for a very long time.

We checked again today and didn't see a falcon. However, we did see a couple of hawks, some cormorants, two pelicans, lots of ducks, many, many gulls, three swans and two Meadowlarks. Even though we didn't see a falcon, there is lots of food out there for the taking.

The Peregrine Chick:
Thanks for checking the Tower site RCF!  Will see if anyone onsite has managed to get a look at the bird with a camera - they often keep cameras nearby just in case.  This year our on-site spotter has been hors-de-combat but I think he's back now so I'll touch base with him so he and his colleagues can keep an eye out in case they get a change to see a little leg (just in case) ...

RCF:
Boy, was I surprised today! Rose and I went on a little tour today so we decided to check out here.  There is still a falcon here! We are pretty sure it the same one that's been here all season, looks the same after checking some of my photos. When he arrived, we could see he was wiping his beak on the railing and he had a full crop...lunch time.  We were happy to see him! We haven't seen the female for at least five weeks.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version