Author Topic: OH / Cincinnati - 4th & Vine - 2015-16  (Read 2718 times)

Offline Alison

• Phanatic
  • Old Bird
Re: Cincinnati - 4th & Vine - 2016 / ? & ?
« Reply #9 on: April 06, 2016, 21:13 »
The Cincinnati cams are back up and working as of yesterday. Have not seen any birds, but there is a good-sized scrape visible.

Offline GCG

• Phanatic
  • Old Bird
Cincinnati - 4th & Vine - 2016 / ? & ?
« Reply #8 on: March 22, 2016, 14:43 »
2016 NESTING SEASON

I have been in contact with this site. Their cam is also temporarily experiencing difficulties. She sent me the info and I responded again asking for the names of their resident pair to share on our forum. As well, I sent her this link and info about Beatrix. She sent the following.......

The current downtown Cincinnati Peregrines are not banded so we have no idea their history and were not named.  We do know they remain here all year since the winters are so mild.  People go to the Carew Tower with their binoculars and you can find them most days.  This pair showed up two years ago taking the place of our banded pair – the female, name Princess, had been there for approximately 13 years so it was thought that age was likely a factor.  

Thanks for emailing me the link.  Good luck with Beatrix – hope for a speedy recovery and a return to Winnipeg!

Hoping our webcam will be up at least by next week!

http://raptorinc.org/news-events/raptor-cam/

http://raptorinc.org/

Offline GCG

• Phanatic
  • Old Bird
Re: Cincinnati - 4th & Vine - 2015 / ? & ?
« Reply #7 on: May 06, 2015, 14:39 »
 ;D Without a doubt, there are two chicks and one egg. At this time they are napping and Mom is standing guard. Love this nest with the drive thru view.

Offline GCG

• Phanatic
  • Old Bird
« Reply #6 on: April 03, 2015, 06:34 »
 ::) Raining again in Cincinnati, the Queen City. Both falcons are seen. One is on the eggs. Dad is sitting on the roof of the nestbox, "Singin in the Rain"!

Offline The Peregrine Chick

• Administrator
  • Old Bird
    • Peregrine Falcon Recovery Project (Manitoba)
« Reply #5 on: April 02, 2015, 17:39 »
It might be that the window behind the box is tinted so that movement won't disturb the birds ... but you are right, it is an interesting design - going to keep a copy of the photo showing the nestbox and ledge in case we ever have a site with a similar design.

What's nice is that it gives the chicks the option to hop through the "backdoor" onto the ledges beside the box, it doesn't look like they can do that from the "front".  And it certainly would give project staff access to the chicks when necessary - and because the adults are used to the backdoor it could be less stressful for them if someone did need to access them that way ...

Offline Alison

• Phanatic
  • Old Bird
« Reply #4 on: April 02, 2015, 16:19 »
I just saw at least two eggs; this is an unusual set-up with the through and through nest box.

It is snowing in Cincinnati at the moment.

Offline Alison

• Phanatic
  • Old Bird
« Reply #3 on: April 02, 2015, 15:38 »
Let me know when/if we find out who the parents are ... names or if they aren't named, their band numbers will do.

Nice camera GCG - thanks for adding it!
I followed this cam last year; the birds are beautiful, but if they are the same pair as last year, they are both unbanded and unnamed. Last year they raised three beautiful chicks.

When the cam came back online a few days ago, they already seemed to be incubating. Have not yet seen the eggs.

Offline The Peregrine Chick

• Administrator
  • Old Bird
    • Peregrine Falcon Recovery Project (Manitoba)
« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2015, 14:52 »
Let me know when/if we find out who the parents are ... names or if they aren't named, their band numbers will do.

Nice camera GCG - thanks for adding it!

Offline GCG

• Phanatic
  • Old Bird
OH / Cincinnati - 4th & Vine - 2015-16
« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2015, 13:49 »
2015 NESTING SEASON

What a beautiful falcon. Just added to my favorites.   http://raptorinc.org/news-events/raptor-cam/   
« Last Edit: April 02, 2015, 14:46 by gemcitygemini »