Author Topic: Fargo - 2015 / Annie & Miracle  (Read 7560 times)

Offline The Peregrine Chick

• Administrator
  • Old Bird
    • Peregrine Falcon Recovery Project (Manitoba)
Re: Fargo - 2015 / Annie & Miracle
« Reply #19 on: July 20, 2015, 11:16 »
Photo from the site: he/she is very handsome. 

I'll see if I can find out why s/he wasn't banded, have a few contacts down there.
Looking at the feet, my two cents are that it is a female.

Offline Alison

• Phanatic
  • Old Bird
« Reply #18 on: July 20, 2015, 01:18 »
An update from the site, dated July 16:

We are happy to let everyone know that our lone chick from this 2015 season seems to be doing well!  (See the picture below)  We have finally been able to work out some of the technical issues we have faced at the end of this season.  The camera will be LIVE for the coming days as we make an effort to troubleshoot some additional items in preparation for next season.

Photo from the site: he/she is very handsome.

The lone chick was not banded. No idea what the reason was, but it is a shame that this was not done. We will never know what happens to him or her in the future, and the history of this juvie will be lost.  :(

Offline allikat

• Phanatic
  • Old Bird
« Reply #17 on: June 15, 2015, 22:24 »
"All in the family"!

Offline RCF

• Phanatic
  • Old Bird
« Reply #16 on: June 15, 2015, 21:21 »
Dad and Junior/Juniorette

Offline RCF

• Phanatic
  • Old Bird
« Reply #15 on: June 15, 2015, 10:45 »
No more news on the banding yet. I was watching this morning and Miracle fed the chick a Sora Rail.

Nom Nom Nom   ;D

• Administrator
  • Old Bird
« Reply #14 on: June 11, 2015, 22:54 »
So far the banding of Annie's and Miracle's one chick has not been rescheduled as far as I can tell.
If you want to keep up to date - http://www.fargofalcons.com/latest-news-blog

• Administrator
  • Old Bird
« Reply #13 on: May 31, 2015, 18:27 »
One for Annie, one for Alley, one so far for Beatrix & Ty ... might be a trend ... hope not ...

Offline RCF

• Phanatic
  • Old Bird
« Reply #12 on: May 31, 2015, 17:42 »
 :-*

Offline RCF

• Phanatic
  • Old Bird
« Reply #11 on: May 25, 2015, 10:53 »
Looks, like it's only going to be one chick for Fargo. It's been five days since the first hatch.

Offline RCF

• Phanatic
  • Old Bird
« Reply #10 on: May 20, 2015, 19:31 »
First hatch here today!! ;D

• Administrator
  • Old Bird
« Reply #9 on: April 30, 2015, 09:12 »
Livestream offers paid and free streaming service - the free service is free to the streamer but viewers need to log on.  The paid service is $50/month USD if you run it for the full year, $100+/month if you pay month by month.  That is on top of the connection that the Project has to pay for to get the signal out to the internet and it has to be a fast enough connection to be able to stream video which for those who don't have unlimited data on your internet connections will know how expensive that can be.  If you embed the streaming on your website, there would be all the costs associated with people coming to your website to view the video.  Webcams are expensive to run folks, that's why many/most are attached to government websites - they have their own servers and already have large traffic numbers, so a bit more hurts only a little.

If we were to lose CBC and we wanted to continue with our webcam(s), we'd have to go to Livestream or something similar.  And I wouldn't be embedding it on our website even though I would want to, we couldn't afford it even if everyone involved donated.  We have 500,000 to 1,000,000 viewers (some who stay logged in 24/7) over a 45-50 day period for our cams.  If I could afford to have the paid service I would because my understanding is that it is ad-free but if I didn't have partners on our internet connections, I might consider the free service too if it meant I could offer a webcam that year ...

PLEASE NOTE, this is just food for thought, I'm not encouraging anyone to sign up for anything.  These days, signing up for services - facebook, twitter, webcams, online shopping - requires providing more information than I personally think we should have to give/give-up, so my comments are just for informational purposes only, they are the kinds of things projects have to balance.  And for those wondering about the information they provide to our project - it goes no where but here - we do not rent, share or sell any personal information.  :)

Offline Alison

• Phanatic
  • Old Bird
« Reply #8 on: April 28, 2015, 22:13 »
From the Fargo blog:

Hello all!  It is clear that there will only be two eggs laid this year.  Incubation has begun in earnest and at least one adult bird is on the nest at all times.

LiveStream continues to have periodic issues where our stream stops unexpectedly.  We will continue to try and monitor the stream so any outages are short. 

We had a question on a previous post regarding when we will be offering the stream here on our own website.  We have chosen not to do this for the 2015 season.  The costs associated with this feature via LiveStream are in the neighborhood of $1500 for the season.  For this reason, we are choosing to only offer the stream on the LiveStream website.

We look forward to the rest of this season and hope you enjoy watching the Fargo Falcons!

Their previously stated intention was to offer the live stream on their own site. Now they have completely turned around on that.

I have always enjoyed the Fargo cam, but have no intention of being coerced into joining something I have no desire to join. So much for Fargo.  >:(

Offline RCF

• Phanatic
  • Old Bird
« Reply #7 on: April 11, 2015, 19:34 »
Miracle

Offline RCF

• Phanatic
  • Old Bird
« Reply #6 on: April 11, 2015, 09:23 »
The cam is live today!!

http://livestream.com/AudubonDakota/events/3961939

The male is *C/7 or Annie and they have an egg!

« Last Edit: April 11, 2015, 09:41 by RCF »

Offline Alison

• Phanatic
  • Old Bird
« Reply #5 on: March 26, 2015, 22:30 »
An update today from the Fargo blog:

It seems apparent that there is at least one bird back in Fargo.  What appears to be the same bird has been spotted multiple times over the past several days perching in the usual locations on the Bank of the West building and sign.  Based on the bird's size, it appears to be a female.  Yesterday, 25 March, what is perhaps a second bird was seen soaring around the Downtown Fargo area.

I hope the female is Miracle, and that the potential second bird is Annie.