Author Topic: Dennis' 2014 Summer Photo Contest  (Read 14845 times)

Offline photosbydennis

• Project
  • Old Bird
    • www.pbase.com/photosbydennis
Re: Dennis' 2014 Summer Photo Contest
« Reply #49 on: November 13, 2014, 20:36 »
Christmas is coming and so is a  New Year...are you looking for something different for that " Bird Lover " in your life or a family member, perhaps even yourself ?
Peregrine Falcon and Manitoba Bird calendars are now available.
The calendar preview and ordering page at this link  http://www.species-at-risk.mb.ca/estore/e-pbd-store.html

Anyone wishing to make special arrangements for drop off will need to contact me directly.

Cheers !
Dennis

Offline photosbydennis

• Project
  • Old Bird
« Reply #48 on: November 06, 2014, 20:53 »
Christmas is coming and so is a  New Year...are you looking for something different for that " Bird Lover " in your life or a family member, perhaps even yourself ?
Peregrine Falcon and Manitoba Bird calendars will be available again this year.
Link to calendar preview and ordering info will be available on the forum very soon...stay tuned.

Cheers !
Dennis

Offline susha

• Phanatic
  • Old Bird
« Reply #47 on: October 16, 2014, 13:46 »
Big Congrats to Ballywing and Doreen!  :)

Offline MayShowers

• Phanatic
  • Chick
« Reply #46 on: October 16, 2014, 12:35 »
Congratulations to Ballywing and Doreen and everyone for their great photo's.  It seemed everytime I was in a situation where I would say "That would make a great photo", I had always left my camera behind ::) >:( oh well, there's alway's next year

Offline susha

• Phanatic
  • Old Bird
« Reply #45 on: October 15, 2014, 11:58 »
I took my photo one evening as I was leaving the Forks.  The evening sky was extraordinarily beautiful and I knew that I'd never be able to adequately capture the spendour, but it seemed like a neat photo, with the Canadian Museum providing an interesting addition to our skyline :)

Offline burdi

• Phanatic
  • Fledgling
« Reply #44 on: October 13, 2014, 14:26 »
I would like to see a brief explanation of the remaining photos as well ... otherwise they will remain a mystery.  ;)

Nice idea Burdi :)
This is the quiet time of the year, so folks don't log in as regularly as during the nesting season so it may take a bit of time to get everyone's stories.

I will also add the stories to the original post as well so folks can appreciate the story & photo together.

Thank you TPC - that’s great if you’re willing to add the stories to the original post. Hopefully at least a few of the mysteries will be unlocked.  :D

If there should be another photo contest in the future, perhaps each participant could submit a little info along with their entry.

Offline burdi

• Phanatic
  • Fledgling
« Reply #43 on: October 13, 2014, 14:22 »
Congratulations Ballywing and Doreen, and thank you for posting an explanation of your photo.
I would like to see a brief explanation of the remaining photos as well ... otherwise they will remain a mystery.  ;)

I took the photo of the "Olympic Sparrow" when I was in Vancouver this past summer, burdi. There were 2 giant bird statues along the waterfront in the Olympic Village. They were erected for the 2010 Winter Olympics. Quite spectacular! 8)

For more info on the bird statues, here is a link...

http://www.jaunted.com/story/2010/8/1/163512/4307/travel/Vancouver%92s+Coolest+Public+Art%3A+The+Birds+at+the+Olympic+Village

Oh, spectacular for sure! Thank you for sharing this, Kinderchick.

Offline The Peregrine Chick

• Administrator
  • Old Bird
    • Peregrine Falcon Recovery Project (Manitoba)
« Reply #42 on: October 13, 2014, 11:07 »
I would like to see a brief explanation of the remaining photos as well ... otherwise they will remain a mystery.  ;)

Nice idea Burdi :)
This is the quiet time of the year, so folks don't log in as regularly as during the nesting season so it may take a bit of time to get everyone's stories.

I will also add the stories to the original post as well so folks can appreciate the story & photo together.

Offline Kinderchick

• Phanatic
  • Old Bird
« Reply #41 on: October 12, 2014, 21:39 »
Congratulations Ballywing and Doreen, and thank you for posting an explanation of your photo.

I took the photo of the "Olympic Sparrow" when I was in Vancouver this past summer, burdi. There were 2 giant bird statues along the waterfront in the Olympic Village. They were erected for the 2010 Winter Olympics. Quite spectacular! 8)

For more info on the bird statues, here is a link...

http://www.jaunted.com/story/2010/8/1/163512/4307/travel/Vancouver%92s+Coolest+Public+Art%3A+The+Birds+at+the+Olympic+Village
« Last Edit: October 12, 2014, 21:43 by Kinderchick »

Offline Pam

• Phanatic
  • Fledgling
« Reply #40 on: October 12, 2014, 17:19 »
Congratulations Ballywing & Doreen- well done!

Offline burdi

• Phanatic
  • Fledgling
« Reply #39 on: October 12, 2014, 15:18 »

I would like to see a brief explanation of the remaining photos as well ... otherwise they will remain a mystery.  ;)

Offline Doreen

• Phanatic
  • Fledgling
« Reply #38 on: October 11, 2014, 21:11 »
Thank you everyone.  ;D
The little hawk stayed around from Sept 9 - 13.
It love to sit on the deck rail so I took a lot of picture. Such a beautiful bird.
We have a huge feeder with so many sparrow we know why it stayed.

Offline photosbydennis

• Project
  • Old Bird
« Reply #37 on: October 11, 2014, 19:39 »
Congratulations to the winners...well done !
You can contact me to claim your photo.
Thanks to all that submitted photos in this years "Give Me Your Best Shot"...all great photos.

Offline Kinderchick

• Phanatic
  • Old Bird
« Reply #36 on: October 11, 2014, 18:12 »
Congratulations to you too, for your "Little Hawk" photo, Doreen. It, too, is an amazing photo! :D

Offline Kinderchick

• Phanatic
  • Old Bird
« Reply #35 on: October 11, 2014, 18:09 »
WooHoo!!! - I took that pic in Scotland this May - the tree was on the grounds of Inveraray Castle, home of the Duke of Argyll :) ...Lots of great pics this year, congrats to all!! :)

"Bluebells in May" certainly is an extraordinary photo, ballywing! I was wondering where that photo was taken. Congratulations! :D