Author Topic: ON / London - 2008-10  (Read 3649 times)

Offline carly

• Phanatic
  • Old Bird
Re: ON / London - 2010 / ? & ?
« Reply #12 on: March 28, 2010, 17:33 »
Figures, I would go away and come home to find out there is action in town!!!

They wanted to be ready for when you went to visit  ;D

Offline eagle63_1999

• Phanatic
  • Old Bird
    • My Photography
« Reply #11 on: March 28, 2010, 17:30 »
Figures, I would go away and come home to find out there is action in town!!!

Offline allikat

• Phanatic
  • Old Bird
« Reply #10 on: March 23, 2010, 09:47 »
!!! London nest site has activity with a new male on territory!March 16, 2010 - London - TD Tower
CPF Postmaster Reports:

We have received some good news from Lara that the downtown London nest site has a new male on territory and he appears to be courting the resident female! After several years of inactivity, things are looking good as it appears that the territorial female has finally attracted an available male.

Both birds were observed circling the tower and one landing at the nest ledge with what could have been a pigeon and feathers raining down shortly after. Clouds of feathers were also observed drifting off the Libro building on York St. the previous week, but the peregrine could not be seen at this time.

Lara

Oh this is soooo great!!!!  Awesome news!!  Positive vibes.

Offline carly

• Phanatic
  • Old Bird
« Reply #9 on: March 23, 2010, 08:23 »
Does anyone know if they have plans to add a cam to this site?  (since its a CPF watched site I mean)

I will ask Frank tomorrow if anyone is offering to sponsor one. 

Offline The Peregrine Chick

• Administrator
  • Old Bird
    • Peregrine Falcon Recovery Project (Manitoba)
« Reply #8 on: March 23, 2010, 08:21 »
Does anyone know if they have plans to add a cam to this site?  (since its a CPF watched site I mean)

Offline carly

• Phanatic
  • Old Bird
ON / London - 2010 / ? & ?
« Reply #7 on: March 23, 2010, 06:14 »
2010 NESTING SEASON

!!! London nest site has activity with a new male on territory!March 16, 2010 - London - TD Tower
CPF Postmaster Reports:

We have received some good news from Lara that the downtown London nest site has a new male on territory and he appears to be courting the resident female! After several years of inactivity, things are looking good as it appears that the territorial female has finally attracted an available male.

Both birds were observed circling the tower and one landing at the nest ledge with what could have been a pigeon and feathers raining down shortly after. Clouds of feathers were also observed drifting off the Libro building on York St. the previous week, but the peregrine could not be seen at this time.

Lara

Offline eagle63_1999

• Phanatic
  • Old Bird
    • My Photography
Re: ON / London - 2008 / no nesting
« Reply #6 on: July 10, 2008, 21:04 »
Here's a direct Link to the Leg Banding Report from the London Website :)

http://publish.uwo.ca/~rturner/ProjectPeregrine/bandingreport.html

Offline eagle63_1999

• Phanatic
  • Old Bird
    • My Photography
« Reply #5 on: July 10, 2008, 20:20 »
I believe that information is in the website somewhere, I will have to look again to direct you to it, if you haven't found it already.

Offline The Peregrine Chick

• Administrator
  • Old Bird
    • Peregrine Falcon Recovery Project (Manitoba)
« Reply #4 on: July 10, 2008, 17:34 »
Does the website mention the bird's identities?  Specifically band numbers and origins ....  Could be like Lucy and Ivy here ...

Offline eagle63_1999

• Phanatic
  • Old Bird
    • My Photography
« Reply #3 on: July 10, 2008, 13:58 »
Okay, I just got off the phone with the lady who is largerly invested in the Peregrine Project.  She was telling me there's been no sightings of little ones along the ledge where the nestbox is located. There were no chicks last year. She said they are not sure why there has been not eggs because the birds have been doing what they are supposed.  I told her how I came to be so interested in falcons and talked about the forum here. She said they would like to get a webcam going here in London to but hard get a sponsor.

Offline eagle63_1999

• Phanatic
  • Old Bird
    • My Photography
« Reply #2 on: July 10, 2008, 13:24 »
Here's a link to the London Peregrine Project.

http://publish.uwo.ca/~rturner/ProjectPeregrine/

Offline eagle63_1999

• Phanatic
  • Old Bird
    • My Photography
ON / London - 2008-10
« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2008, 12:53 »
2008 NESTING SEASON

I made a call yesterday to our local Naturalist Association.  My called was returned just now.  It appears that while we do have Peregrines in London, they have not produced a clutch of chicks in the last 3 years.  The lady wasn't sure why not but suspects that there has been a change in the resident female, as one was lost. She gave me a phone number for the two people who are invested in Peregrine nesting here in the city and I will be giving them a call later to learn all I can about London's Peregrines :)