Author Topic: PA / Harrisburg - Rachel Carson Building - 2008-21  (Read 40895 times)

Offline Alison

• Phanatic
  • Old Bird
Fourth egg at Harrisburg today! This time I didn't manage to catch her laying the egg.

Offline carly

• Phanatic
  • Old Bird
Finally!!  I couldn't see the photo at work because they block anything on a storage site!

Outstanding photo Alison!

Offline Pchemist

• Past Member
  • Old Bird
what a great photo!

Offline Alison

• Phanatic
  • Old Bird
The third egg was laid this morning:

Offline skygirlblue

• Phanatic
  • Chick
    • Bird Cams Around the World forum
Just wanted to let everyone know that the second egg was laid sometime after dark, either 3/23 or 3/24.

Offline birdcamfan

• Phanatic
  • Old Bird
PA / Harrisburg - Rachel Carson Building - 2009 / Lil Dad & Mom
« Reply #25 on: March 22, 2009, 11:27 »
2009 NESTING SEASON

This webcam switches between views and this morning I caught the view of the nest box with 1 egg. I haven't looked here for a few days so don't know exactly when it was laid.

Offline Alison

• Phanatic
  • Old Bird
Re: PA / Harrisburg - Rachel Carson Building - 2008 / Lil Dad & Mom
« Reply #24 on: December 04, 2008, 18:51 »
On the ledge at Harrisburg today:

Offline skygirlblue

• Phanatic
  • Chick
Re: PA / Harrisburg - Rachel Carson Building - 2008 / Lil Dad & Mom
« Reply #23 on: November 27, 2008, 10:50 »
FYI~both mom and lil' dad continue to visit the nest ledge...Its a pleasant surprise that dad has not migrated...we hope he stays....
« Last Edit: December 05, 2008, 13:15 by The Peregrine Chick »

Offline skygirlblue

• Phanatic
  • Chick
The juvies continue to return regularly to the ledge...we've all decided its because its one of the tallest buildings in Harrisburg..just our humble opinion...

July 10 video of 2 juvies on the ledge...I had to edit a bunch, so its a little choppy...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fvhqMRwfMlA

Still no sighting or report on the 4th fledgling, Blue girl.. :(

Offline skygirlblue

• Phanatic
  • Chick
A quick update for those of you who may be following this nest.  Red, Silver, and Green girl continue to return to the nest ledge, though their visit are really decreasing.  Still no sign of Blue girl and we've accepted the fact that she may be gone.  So ironic that she was one of the stronger flyers of the four at the very beginning.  We remain hopeful, but are realistic.

Parents have begun to reclaim the ledge and renew their bonds in the scrape with a lot of bowing and e-chupping...its very sweet....that's all for now...

Offline skygirlblue

• Phanatic
  • Chick
Update...Red, Green, and Silver continue to return to the ledge..their flying skills have greatly improved..according to a few Falcon watchers who are still going out, even though Falcon Watch has ended..they have not been observed catching their own prey yet...

Blue girl has not been seen since Tuesday morning.  2 of the watchers spent about 4 hours yesterday looking for her in all the known falcon hang outs, as well as known "danger" zones.  No luck.  We may have to accept the fact that she is gone...but we are still hopeful she will show up...or that we will get word of a rescue that just hasn't been communicated..

Offline skygirlblue

• Phanatic
  • Chick
All 4 juvies seem to be doing well.  Even though Falcon Watch has officially ended, there are several members who continue to go down to the area to keep an eye on the juvies...Red finally fledged on the 14th...was rescued on the 15th and 16th.  Reports from today said she was flying well...

That's about it for the news...some of the juvies continue to return to the ledge to sleep...not sure how much longer that will last.  Last year, all 4 juvies returned all through the month of July. I don't think this crew will be doing that... :)

Offline skygirlblue

• Phanatic
  • Chick
I know I'm very behind reporting ... hectic past several days ... all 4 have fledged ... several rescues in the process, as well as some rather dramatic, hold your breath situations...one became entangled in some heavy construction netting ... upside down, but was able to free herself by pulling beak over foot ... another landed on train tracks (no train was coming, thank goodness) one had a minor run in with a bus ... no injury, another got lost in a parking garage ... they don't know how she figured her way out ... one landed on the sidewalk right in front of the watchers ... and currently 3 have returned to the nest ledge to sleep ... WHEW ... all in all they appear to be doing well and are quite feisty ...

Short video of 2 juvies playing on the nest ledge ... enjoy:  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vPUqihC-IFQ
« Last Edit: December 05, 2008, 13:14 by The Peregrine Chick »

Offline Liz

• Phanatic
  • Old Bird
Great play-by-play, SGB!

Offline skygirlblue

• Phanatic
  • Chick
Quick update...2nd fledge yesterday~Blue girl...long story short:  (let's see if I can get this straight)  Blue fledges...winds up very close to Silver girl..they eyeball each other and eventually end up together on a lower ledge below the nest box.  They stay put all yesterday..this morning...they thought they would give it a go...Blue ended up on the street, next to a parked van..rescued..no injury, but with major attitude.  Silver flew, but ended up IN a building under construction..oops...as everyone was amassing for a rescue..she flew out and ended up on the same roof where she spent the first night.  Meanwhile, back to Blue...she was taken up to the roof of the nest building and at about 8:00 tonight, fluttered, flapped, fell her way back to the nest ledge where the 2 remaining juvies greated her with kaks and screams.  All present and accounted for this evening.

One thing I failed to mention, both Blue and silver were perched above the entrance Of the Carson building this morning...and caused quite the back log of people going to work...one of the falcon watchers said there were so many people taking pictures, someone asked if the building had been evacuated...

The End...for now..
« Last Edit: December 05, 2008, 13:14 by The Peregrine Chick »