Author Topic: What's a Phanatic?  (Read 3707 times)

Offline The Peregrine Chick

• Administrator
  • Old Bird
    • Peregrine Falcon Recovery Project (Manitoba)
Re: What's a Phanatic?
« Reply #7 on: March 24, 2013, 19:37 »
Last year I did a major revision of the permissions categories so that I could provide folks with more options - observations, social zone, chatters, classroom, etc, etc.  This year I have gone through all the accounts to determine who had been inactive for two years (we remove inactive accounts after two years) and to update who is a falcon fan and phanatic.

So for those wondering ...

Falcon Fan - member for at least 1 year + 10 to 49 posts on the observation threads
Phanatic - member for at least 2 years + a minimum of 50 posts on the observation threads

(posts on the social threads or chatters threads do not count toward post counts)

The upgrade to Falcon Fan and Phanatic is done manually and I generally only get around to doing it once, maybe twice a year ...

Offline bcbird

• Phanatic
  • Old Bird
« Reply #6 on: June 06, 2010, 00:33 »
Hey KDR33, on the Main page http://www.species-at-risk.mb.ca/projects/pfrp/forum/programs/index.php/board,12.0.html there is a Social Zone topic near the bottom.  Members of the forum only.
Sorry TPC, please move this wherever we need to be.

Offline KDR33

• Past Member
  • Hatchling
« Reply #5 on: June 05, 2010, 22:54 »
Social zone?  Never heard of it....  ???

Offline bcbird

• Phanatic
  • Old Bird
« Reply #4 on: June 05, 2010, 22:05 »
KDR33, I hope you have discovered the social zone on the forum, for members and phanatics to hang out?

Offline bcbird

• Phanatic
  • Old Bird
« Reply #3 on: June 05, 2010, 22:03 »
The Phanatics are the members who joined when the forum first began.  We became addicted quickly to the Peregrines so had to be called Phanatics!
I think that we very affectionately call anyone who loves to hang out here a phanatic,  though only some have the official label.

Offline KDR33

• Past Member
  • Hatchling
« Reply #2 on: June 05, 2010, 21:59 »
Sorry for the unrelated topic, but I was wondering this for a while.  Why some people are listed as Phanatics?

Offline The Peregrine Chick

• Administrator
  • Old Bird
    • Peregrine Falcon Recovery Project (Manitoba)
What's a Phanatic?
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2009, 23:43 »
Phanatics are the old-timers when it comes to watching the Falcon Cam and visiting here.  They have been active members on the Forum since day one.  Each year in December/January, I do the annual account housekeeping, that is when members who have been active (i.e., posting) for most of the last calendar year get added to the Phanatic list.   It is a way for our newer or less frequent posters to know who to ask questions of folks who have been around the Forum and involved with the Project for awhile.

If you have questions about anything here, and I'm not around to ask, feel free to ask them, they usually have a pretty good idea of what's what and where.