Author Topic: Forum Clock & Changing Time  (Read 19185 times)

Offline maggieblue

• Past Member
  • Fledgling
Re: Forum Clock & Changing Time
« Reply #36 on: June 11, 2009, 07:20 »
Here is some information for the newer members who have asked questions about the time that shows when posting to the forum.  This might answer your questions.  :)

I would ask that everyone check their "local" time on their profiles ...  I was checking something else and realized that my time (Winnipeg local) was showing as 1 hour later than it should on my profile page.  Don't have any idea why this happened, and maybe it's just me, but thought I would alert you all to it.

To check your time:
  • click on the "profile" tab above
  • check the time on your profile with the time on your computer (bottom right corner)

To correct your time:
  • stay on your "profile" page
  • click on "look and layout preferences" link on the left hand side of your screen
  • you can hardcode the change, or click on "auto-detect" and it should correct it (it did for me)

If you are having problems with changing the time, post them here and we'll try to solve them ...
The Peregrine Chick

Offline The Peregrine Chick

• Administrator
  • Old Bird
    • Peregrine Falcon Recovery Project (Manitoba)
« Reply #35 on: May 14, 2009, 09:35 »
You need to change your time Irenekl - check out the notes from earlier on in this thread for instructions on how to do it ... if you still have problems, let me know and I can take care of it from my end if you'd like!

Offline irenekl

• Phanatic
  • Chick
« Reply #34 on: May 14, 2009, 08:15 »
While we're confused......and I feel bad asking as I know this has been answered before.....why does the time on the forum read 7:14am when it is actually 8:14am?? :-\

Offline moka

• Phanatic
  • Fledgling
« Reply #33 on: April 16, 2009, 19:23 »
I followed the instructions as stated and asked for auto check than correct profile. I am now on the correct time here in Wpg.
Thanks Tracy, always something new...

Offline birdcamfan

• Phanatic
  • Old Bird
« Reply #32 on: April 13, 2009, 16:12 »
Okay, now I get it. Even though I live in the 'Peg I should just update my own profile when the time changes. Easy to remember - change batteries in smoke detectors, update forum profile. Geez, my head is really in the clouds today! (Too much pyrogies and ham yesterday)

• Administrator
  • Old Bird
« Reply #31 on: April 13, 2009, 16:05 »
If because of world leaders playing games with daylight savings time (or for those of you in Sask & Arizona that decry the practice  ;)) you can update your time by clicking on Profile on the top toolbar, then Look & Layout Preferences and then changing the offset for your area.  If you don't know it, click on auto detect.  Either way, don't forget to click on the Change Profile button at the bottom of the page.  Then check to see that your time is correct by clicking on the Profile link again and the Local Time should be correct.  If it isn't then you will definitely have to adjust manually - repeat steps above but do not click on auto-detect, just enter how many hours need to be added (+2) or subtracted (-2) to correct your time.

Clear as mud?  If you are still having problems, send me a pm with your geographic location and I can manually change it from my end.  But please do try first folks, we have to do these things twice a year, perhaps 4 times if politicians start playing with the clocks again and I just won't have enough time to change all your clocks and save the peregrines from extinction  ;D

Offline birdcamfan

• Phanatic
  • Old Bird
« Reply #30 on: April 13, 2009, 15:38 »
I just checked my preferences (I am in Winnipeg) and it shows the local time as 1432 when it is really 1532 so I don't think it's you! You might occasionally see really early posts from me as I do get up and check out the Netherlands between 0400 and 0500 when I get up for work.

Offline Pchemist

• Past Member
  • Old Bird
« Reply #29 on: April 13, 2009, 13:16 »
Hey Tracy - the time is messed up again.  Probably due to politicians mucking about with daylight savings time (haven't they done enough already?) - so right now the Forum thinks it's 1 hour ahead of me.  Unless Winnipeg moved or Canada and the US are not in synch on DST (a possibility I only just now thought of) it should be 2 hours ahead.

I did have to go in and ask it to auto detect the time difference again (under profile, preferences stuff).  For a while it thought I was three hours behind (and until I noticed that I thought some of you were up REALLY early!)   8)

• Administrator
  • Old Bird
« Reply #28 on: January 06, 2009, 12:22 »
Actually it is two hours, TPC, one to Edmonton (Hi Bev,) and another over to you in Winterpeg.  As long as the wheel has winter tread, roll on.

Nuts  ::)  That's what I meant to say ....

Offline bcbird

• Phanatic
  • Old Bird
« Reply #27 on: January 06, 2009, 10:51 »
Actually it is two hours, TPC, one to Edmonton (Hi Bev,) and another over to you in Winterpeg.  As long as the wheel has winter tread, roll on.

• Administrator
  • Old Bird
« Reply #26 on: January 06, 2009, 09:16 »
CST, MST then PST, so perhaps -1 instead of -2 bcbird ...

... however, if you ain't broke maybe just let the wheel keep rolling right over ya ....  ::)

Offline bcbird

• Phanatic
  • Old Bird
« Reply #25 on: January 06, 2009, 00:46 »
My local time is listed as 22:44, which it is.
My hours from forum time says -3, and I would think it should just be -2 from CST to PST?

• Administrator
  • Old Bird
Forum Clock & Changing Time
« Reply #24 on: January 05, 2009, 23:42 »
I would ask that everyone check their "local" time on their profiles ...  I was checking something else and realized that my time (Winnipeg local) was showing as 1 hour later than it should on my profile page.  Don't have any idea why this happened, and maybe it's just me, but thought I would alert you all to it.

To check your time:
  • click on the "profile" tab above
  • check the time on your profile with the time on your computer (bottom right corner)

To correct your time:
  • stay on your "profile" page
  • click on "look and layout preferences" link on the left hand side of your screen
  • you can hardcode the change, or click on "auto-detect" and it should correct it (it did for me)

If you are having problems with changing the time, post them here and we'll try to solve them ...
The Peregrine Chick
« Last Edit: January 05, 2009, 23:50 by The Peregrine Chick »

Offline Liz

• Phanatic
  • Old Bird
Re: Setting the Time
« Reply #23 on: May 28, 2008, 20:42 »
Perfect!  Thanks, Tracy. ;D ;D

Offline dupre501

• Phanatic
  • Fledgling
Re: Setting the Time
« Reply #22 on: May 28, 2008, 20:39 »
Hi Tracy,

I didn't check my messages before I went to work. So I'm a little late for the test, but it appears my time on the profile is correct, so here goes it is currently 20:39 as I write this.