The Project > Ask the Peregrine Chick

Golden Eagle

(1/1)

GCG:

--- Quote from: The Peregrine Chick on April 18, 2013, 14:33 ---This place is as good as any GCG.  Might have been a golden eagle, but could also have been a juvenile bald eagle, they are very similar in appearance and we have more balds than goldens around.  Did you get much of a look at it or where you struck dumb while multi-tasking?  Bald eagles take 5-7 years to get their white heads and tails but when they are flying you can tell them apart.  What did you notice about the bird?

--- End quote ---

thinking that it could have been a young Bald Eagle. did get a good look. I know that a Bald does not get the white until a bit older. I'm glad I was standing, as a U.S. citizen, Landed immigrant of Canada, I started singing tha U.S. National Anthem. Oh Say can you see..... Thank you for your quick response. GCG

The Peregrine Chick:
This place is as good as any GCG.  Might have been a golden eagle, but could also have been a juvenile bald eagle, they are very similar in appearance and we have more balds than goldens around.  Did you get much of a look at it or where you struck dumb while multi-tasking?  Bald eagles take 5-7 years to get their white heads and tails but when they are flying you can tell them apart.  What did you notice about the bird?

GCG:
Tracy, While on the phone, as usual, talking while looking out my kitchen window, a golden eagle passed from west to east over my home. I am still in "shock" from what I saw. Is this possible? So sorry, did not know where to post this.  :o :o :o

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version