Author Topic: Radisson - 2013 / Ivy & Princess  (Read 132043 times)

Offline susha

• Phanatic
  • Old Bird
Re: Radisson - 2013 / April
« Reply #100 on: April 07, 2013, 09:04 »
If bad weather has held up some of our regulars from arriving, maybe Princess is waiting as well.

Oh Linder, good point!  I think we're supposed to have some warmer temps in a few day ( ::)) Perhaps Princess will arrive soon to take over her territory and send fickle Joli off to do some growing up ;)

Offline susha

• Phanatic
  • Old Bird
« Reply #99 on: April 07, 2013, 08:59 »
We hope to be downtown at some time and just be able to spot a Peregrine, have been waiting so long to see them.

There's nothing quite as exhilarating as seeing one, soaring overhead JP!  Hope you see one soon and welcome to the forum!

Offline Linder

• Phanatic
  • Fledgling
« Reply #98 on: April 06, 2013, 23:21 »
If bad weather has held up some of our regulars from arriving, maybe Princess is waiting as well.

Offline JP

• Egg
« Reply #97 on: April 06, 2013, 20:40 »
We hope to be downtown at some time and just be able to spot a Peregrine, have been waiting so long to see them.

Offline ballywing

• Phanatic
  • Old Bird
« Reply #96 on: April 06, 2013, 17:24 »
Geez, I hope Ivy doesn't end up a bachelor this year, he needs a gal - any gal!!  ;)

Offline susha

• Phanatic
  • Old Bird
« Reply #95 on: April 06, 2013, 16:31 »
Maybe she's out having a rendezvous with Smiley :-X

Offline The Peregrine Chick

• Administrator
  • Old Bird
    • Peregrine Falcon Recovery Project (Manitoba)
« Reply #94 on: April 06, 2013, 15:29 »
Ivy's been in and out of the nestbox all morning and at the moment he's sitting on the green slash of the Radisson sign.  Haven't seen hide-nor-feather of Joli anywhere today and I'm of the opinion that Ivy is looking out for her and doesn't want to leave the site until she comes back ...

Offline bcbird

• Phanatic
  • Old Bird
« Reply #93 on: April 05, 2013, 19:22 »
Ivy comes with the best real estate in town.

How could a girl resist?

Offline ballywing

• Phanatic
  • Old Bird
« Reply #92 on: April 05, 2013, 18:18 »
Lots of relations having relations around here!  :-X - I have to say though, Mother & Son team 'Ivy & Princess' sure had a good run of it and did a great job!  :-* If Princess has truly retired, then I hope Jolicoeur chooses Ivy!!

• Administrator
  • Old Bird
« Reply #91 on: April 05, 2013, 15:58 »
Posted this on the West Winnipeg thread as well ...

I'm jumping Dennis' gun here just cuz I can't stand to wait any longer ... looks like Joli may be a bit of a floozy as well as Ivy!!  She was out at HSC sitting on the Buhler sign when in came a male with food and Dennis managed to catch photos - one is a much better confirmation of Joli's band than I had with the webcam photo (way to go Dennis!) and the other is another old friend - Smiley from Grand Forks is back as well!!  Ivy is still sitting downtown on the Rogers sign and his new girlfriend is off making the peregrine equivalent of goo-goo eyes at another falcon!

Actually an Ivy-Joli match would be the best because they are unrelated - Smiley is Joli's nephew of sorts.  Smiley's Dad is a half-sibling of Joli.

• Administrator
  • Old Bird
« Reply #90 on: April 05, 2013, 12:31 »
I think she is staking a definite claim to this territory and the male that comes with it ...  :o

Offline photosbydennis

• Project
  • Old Bird
    • www.pbase.com/photosbydennis
« Reply #89 on: April 05, 2013, 12:26 »
For anyone downtown...looks like the female (Joli ? ) sitting on the S on the North side of the Rogers building.

Offline photosbydennis

• Project
  • Old Bird
    • www.pbase.com/photosbydennis
« Reply #88 on: April 05, 2013, 10:53 »
Lone bird just left Rogers sign and came over to the nest box...in and out of the box and now sitting on the corner.

Offline birdcamfan

• Phanatic
  • Old Bird
« Reply #87 on: April 05, 2013, 07:25 »
Given the amount of copulating going on yesterday and how close (in peregrine terms) Ivy and "Joli" were sitting today, they would both be happy if Princess didn't return ...

Maybe on route to Winnipeg, Princess ran into Trey, eyes locked, sparks reignited and they have reunited.  ;D
That's a nice thought.

Offline GCG

• Phanatic
  • Old Bird
« Reply #86 on: April 05, 2013, 06:55 »
Given the amount of copulating going on yesterday and how close (in peregrine terms) Ivy and "Joli" were sitting today, they would both be happy if Princess didn't return ...

Maybe on route to Winnipeg, Princess ran into Trey, eyes locked, sparks reignited and they have reunited.  ;D