Author Topic: After they fledge and then migrate do they ever come back to there original nest  (Read 1842 times)

Offline AnimalLover

• Past Member
  • Hatchling
After they fledge and migrate do they ever come back to visit there parents and the nest where they were born?

Here in Manitoba, none of our resident adults have tolerated another adult bird in their territory during the nesting season.  Chicks from previous years may turn up in the province or the City of the "hatch" but they don't "visit" per se.  Ivy was chased out of downtown by Trey (his father), Trey was kept out by his cousin Simba and I believe by T-Rex (his father) as well.  Pop kept (his son) T-Rex out of the territory.  We have only had one Winnipeg female return to Winnipeg in all these years - it was Lucy from the Radisson and she hung out in West Winnipeg for two years but never nested successfully and then she was gone.

Thank you Tracy I enjoy learning about these beautiful birds I could talk to you for hour's your vast knowledge on the Peregrine's is astounding!  I very much appreciate all the hard work you put into this form everyday so we can have the chance to learn more about the beautiful Peregrine's Thank you!
« Last Edit: July 13, 2012, 06:09 by AnimalLover »

Offline The Peregrine Chick

• Administrator
  • Old Bird
    • Peregrine Falcon Recovery Project (Manitoba)
After they fledge and migrate do they ever come back to visit there parents and the nest where they were born?

Here in Manitoba, none of our resident adults have tolerated another adult bird in their territory during the nesting season.  Chicks from previous years may turn up in the province or the City of the "hatch" but they don't "visit" per se.  Ivy was chased out of downtown by Trey (his father), Trey was kept out by his cousin Simba and I believe by T-Rex (his father) as well.  Pop kept (his son) T-Rex out of the territory.  We have only had one Winnipeg female return to Winnipeg in all these years - it was Lucy from the Radisson and she hung out in West Winnipeg for two years but never nested successfully and then she was gone.

Offline AnimalLover

• Past Member
  • Hatchling