Author Topic: Tower Nest - 2012 / ? & ?  (Read 27532 times)

Offline RCF

• Old Bird
Re: Tower Nest - 2012 / ? & ?
« Reply #9 on: March 30, 2012, 19:17 »
Before I saw her perched on the corner of the building, I saw a raptor of some sort flying around the towers with some thing in its beak, which it dropped and tried to retrieve. Looking through the binos it didn't look like a falcon to me. There were lots of gulls around too, but it wasn't a gull.   :-\

Offline The Peregrine Chick

• Administrator
  • Old Bird
    • Peregrine Falcon Recovery Project (Manitoba)
« Reply #8 on: March 30, 2012, 19:11 »
That's what I thought too,  because she seemed bigger than Hurricane even with the distance I was at.

Can't tell you the number of times Dennis and I thought she was a red-tailed hawk  :o because of her size, even though she was always on the same couple of buildings here in Winnipeg!  :D

Offline RCF

• Old Bird
« Reply #7 on: March 30, 2012, 19:06 »
RCF when you saw the bird, did it look more grey or more brown?  Alice was very very brown last year, no grey at all.  The cheekpatch looks too small for it to be Zeus so maybe your Tower bird is Hurricane checking out the new digs.  Also, Alice is a big bird.  In comparison with Hurricane, she's a very big bird.

She looked more brown than grey.

That would be an excellent sign that Alice may have returned!

That's what I thought too,  because she seemed bigger than Hurricane even with the distance I was at.

Offline susha

• Phanatic
  • Old Bird
« Reply #6 on: March 30, 2012, 19:05 »
The excitement builds in Brandon! ;D ;D

• Administrator
  • Old Bird
« Reply #5 on: March 30, 2012, 19:03 »
RCF when you saw the bird, did it look more grey or more brown?  Alice was very very brown last year, no grey at all.  The cheekpatch looks too small for it to be Zeus so maybe your Tower bird is Hurricane checking out the new digs.  Also, Alice is a big bird.  In comparison with Hurricane, she's a very big bird.

That would be an excellent sign that Alice may have returned!

Offline RCF

• Old Bird
« Reply #4 on: March 30, 2012, 18:59 »

• Administrator
  • Old Bird
« Reply #3 on: March 30, 2012, 18:57 »

It took me a minute to figure out what direction you were looking from but once I figured it out (thank heavens for ladders) I realized where she's sitting.  Now if she would just wander over to the other side, she could see the where we put the new nestbox .... (fingers crossed)

Offline RCF

• Old Bird
« Reply #2 on: March 30, 2012, 15:17 »
There is a falcon back at the Tower on the northwest corner of the building today. I am  pretty sure it's a female. I only saw one falcon and lots of gulls, so there is lots to eat. ;D

Offline RCF

• Old Bird
Tower Nest - 2012 / ? & ?
« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2012, 18:28 »
It looks like a raven has made a nest on one of the towers. The raven is laying down on the catwalk.  

« Last Edit: February 26, 2012, 18:40 by Rapidcitymbfan »