Author Topic: Tower Nest - 2012 / ? & ?  (Read 26910 times)

Offline Kinderchick

• Phanatic
  • Old Bird
Re: Tower Nest - 2012 / ? & ?
« Reply #129 on: October 04, 2012, 22:20 »
Thanks, Rose, for that explanation.  I had in mind a particular tower that had, or will have, two nest box sites!...
Yes, thanks for your explanation, Rose. :-* I, too, was thinking the same as bcbird. Now I'm starting to "get it". :)

Offline RCF

• Old Bird
« Reply #128 on: October 03, 2012, 19:19 »
I think "Alice" has gone south because I checked the last two days and didn't see any falcons. Yesterday there was a Raven perched on the railing where the falcons usually sit.

Offline The Peregrine Chick

• Administrator
  • Old Bird
    • Peregrine Falcon Recovery Project (Manitoba)
« Reply #127 on: October 02, 2012, 22:15 »
Possibly you could simply refer to the nests as "direction" Tower Nest (ex: north Tower Nest) and "direction" Tower Nest (ex: south Tower Nest)?

We could do that, particularly since we don't yet have any other north/south nestboxes at other sites  :)

Offline Rose

• Phanatic
  • Fledgling
« Reply #126 on: October 02, 2012, 19:27 »
Thanks, Rose, for that explanation.  I had in mind a particular tower that had, or will have, two nest box sites!
Is it one building that has the roof site and the hidden wall site, or is each site on a different building?

You're welcome.Big complex and different buildings. :)

Offline bcbird

• Phanatic
  • Old Bird
« Reply #125 on: October 02, 2012, 19:20 »
Thanks, Rose, for that explanation.  I had in mind a particular tower that had, or will have, two nest box sites!
Is it one building that has the roof site and the hidden wall site, or is each site on a different building?

Offline Rose

• Phanatic
  • Fledgling
« Reply #124 on: October 02, 2012, 19:20 »
Possibly you could simply refer to the nests as "direction" Tower Nest (ex: north Tower Nest) and "direction" Tower Nest (ex: south Tower Nest)?

Good plan! Plain and simple is usually always best. :)

Offline RCF

• Old Bird
« Reply #123 on: October 02, 2012, 18:29 »
I just hope they return in the spring and choose at least one of the nest boxes that are or will be available to them.  :)

Offline Jazzerkins

• Phanatic
  • Chick
« Reply #122 on: October 02, 2012, 18:07 »

Offline Rose

• Phanatic
  • Fledgling
« Reply #121 on: October 02, 2012, 16:22 »
How about HH for the "Hidey-Hole" nest?

Regarding the Radisson there is also differentiation between the "west nest" and the "east ledge". Since I don't know anything about this tower location in Brandon, which sides of the tower will the nests be on? Will they have a "west nest" too?
These nests are not on a tower, one nest site  is on a south building roof (put there the same day as the new nest box was put up at Mckenzies) and the other site (new box not built yet) is high up on a north wall looking out over the river.This is where the other nest box will go if it's feasible. I guess TPC called it the Tower Nest because there are dozens of towers out in the vicinity. :)

Offline dupre501

• Phanatic
  • Fledgling
« Reply #120 on: October 02, 2012, 14:08 »
How about HH for the "Hidey-Hole" nest?

Regarding the Radisson there is also differentiation between the "west nest" and the "east ledge". Since I don't know anything about this tower location in Brandon, which sides of the tower will the nests be on? Will they have a "west nest" too?
« Last Edit: October 02, 2012, 14:11 by dupre501 »

• Administrator
  • Old Bird
« Reply #119 on: October 01, 2012, 22:34 »
Why not leave the name the way it is "Tower Nest" because it may cause some confusion if you change the name.  :-\  This is what it has been called for the last two years.  Calling it the Tower Nest makes it sound more professional to the readers, in my opinion.  ;)

Sorry, should have been more specific - two possible nestsites at the Tower Site - different sides of the building, both will have nestboxes eventually so since we already refer to the nestbox, thought "the hide" would be a possible way to identify one box from the other.  We do refer to the nestbox and nestledge at the Radisson, the wall-box and the roof-box at McKenzie Seeds and the nestbox and Jules'-horredously-poor-choice-for-a-nest in West Winnipeg.  No worries folks, we'll just refer to them as nestbox one and nestbox two and hope that the birds choose one site or another   ;) ;D

Offline Kinderchick

• Phanatic
  • Old Bird
« Reply #118 on: October 01, 2012, 22:27 »
How about the "hidey-hole" at the Tower Nest? ;)

Offline RCF

• Old Bird
« Reply #117 on: October 01, 2012, 17:57 »
Why not leave the name the way it is "Tower Nest" because it may cause some confusion if you change the name.  :-\  This is what it has been called for the last two years.  Calling it the Tower Nest makes it sound more professional to the readers, in my opinion.  ;)
« Last Edit: October 01, 2012, 18:03 by RCF »

Offline bcbird

• Phanatic
  • Old Bird
« Reply #116 on: September 30, 2012, 23:37 »
I like the "hide" as a name.

Neat, short and, in a completely random, unrelated association, it reminds me of a good name for a pub.

• Administrator
  • Old Bird
« Reply #115 on: September 30, 2012, 21:34 »
Why not just continue calling it the hidey-hole...seems fitting to me!  But, that is just an opinion.

We definitely can, just a bit of a mouthful, but you are right Alli, it does work  :)