Author Topic: West Winnipeg - 2009 / Ivy & Jules  (Read 82343 times)

Offline Alison

• Phanatic
  • Old Bird
West Winnipeg - 2009 / May
« Reply #187 on: May 04, 2009, 20:20 »
That's good to hear, especially for those of us not in the area!

Offline allikat

• Phanatic
  • Old Bird
« Reply #186 on: May 04, 2009, 20:06 »
FINALLY!!!!!

Today on my way home, got a great look of a falcon soaring around his/her domain.  It was a beautiful site! 
Wow, these birds are beautiful and graceful!

Offline Liz

• Phanatic
  • Old Bird
« Reply #185 on: May 03, 2009, 18:42 »
Perhaps it's the "Curly Locks"...perhaps the "Beaming Smile"...perhaps "The B-Nocks"...
??? ??? ???
My thought exactly, ballywing.  The thing about inside jokes, they only work on the people on the inside and in this case, it seems there's only two out of 200!  lol

Offline allikat

• Phanatic
  • Old Bird
« Reply #184 on: May 03, 2009, 11:16 »
Come on Jules and Ivy...nest in the west!  :D

Offline The Peregrine Chick

• Administrator
  • Old Bird
    • Peregrine Falcon Recovery Project (Manitoba)
« Reply #183 on: May 03, 2009, 10:46 »
Perhaps it's the "Curly Locks"...perhaps the "Beaming Smile"...perhaps "The B-Nocks"...
??? ??? ???

We were outside for a long time, I think the fresh, spring air got to Dennis  ;)  I think he's playing around with how beautiful our (we believe) egg-laying/starting to incubate (aka bird equivalent of pregnant) Jules was yesterday.  As I said, spring air  ;D

• Administrator
  • Old Bird
« Reply #182 on: May 03, 2009, 10:41 »
Dennis and I chased the little darlings around West Winnipeg for more than a couple of hours yesterday.  They weren't in any the spots we expected and in all spots we had hoped against. The Winnipeg peregrines (all of them) owe me big time this year.  On Friday both birds were together so we knew they hadn't started incubating but perhaps they had started laying.  On Saturday, we watched and watched and watched, in part because the watching was so good, cool but not fridgid (nice change), breeze not windy (nice change), sunny not overcast (very nice change for Dennis) and with clear sight lines (very nice for all of us).  Jules really is one of the prettier females we have had in the province.  Anywho, Ivy came through briefly before bombing off to who knows where to kill who knows what - no other reason for that kind of departure.  And Jules stopped, dropped and rolled out of sight and was gone until after we left.  Sooooo, it looks like she's at the very least laying, perhaps starting to incubate.  That puts the West Winnipeg birds 10 days/2 weeks behind the Radisson birds as a guestimate.  Now we have to get access to the site, confirm a nest, scope out access & options then plan, plan, plan.

We will of course keep you all updated and if we go public with the location, you all will be the first to hear.  And I'll be adding some of Dennis' photos to our gallery along with an ID guide as soon as I can.

Offline allikat

• Phanatic
  • Old Bird
« Reply #181 on: May 02, 2009, 23:19 »
Looking forward to some more photos Dennis...can't get enough of them  8)

Offline ballywing

• Phanatic
  • Old Bird
« Reply #180 on: May 02, 2009, 22:37 »
??? ??? ???

Offline photosbydennis

• Project
  • Old Bird
    • www.pbase.com/photosbydennis
« Reply #179 on: May 02, 2009, 19:41 »
Perhaps it's the "Curly Locks"...perhaps the "Beaming Smile"...perhaps "The B-Nocks"...TPC and I checked out the West-end birds today. I seemed to do the checking and TPC seemed to do the chatting..."PR" work is what I'm thinking. Sorry...inside joke...))
I'm sure Tracy will be doing a West-end update shortly. Heads-up as photos from today will be uploaded starting Monday.

Offline allikat

• Phanatic
  • Old Bird
« Reply #178 on: May 01, 2009, 19:20 »
I'm happy that you saw them today TPC..I haven't seen them on my way to and from work for the last couple of days.  I was hoping that maybe they were incubating some eggs...but I guess not.

• Administrator
  • Old Bird
« Reply #177 on: May 01, 2009, 18:17 »
As I passed through on my way home from work today both Jules and Ivy were on the Bleachers.  I really hope they are just enjoying the view prior to moving their egg-laying operations to the B&B.  I will be checking some sites on Saturday, maybe the Bleachers too.  Since both birds were visible and obviously not incubating today, it is possbile they haven't started on eggs yet ...

Offline bcbird

• Phanatic
  • Old Bird
« Reply #176 on: May 01, 2009, 10:35 »
Lot's of cleaning?  Who let the King of Turds in here, anyway?

• Administrator
  • Old Bird
« Reply #175 on: May 01, 2009, 10:10 »
Going to have to do alot of cleaning in this thread this weekend ...  ::)

Offline bev.

• Phanatic
  • Old Bird
« Reply #174 on: May 01, 2009, 09:49 »
Wait till you see the goslings ;D ;D

Offline bccs

• Phanatic
  • Old Bird
« Reply #173 on: May 01, 2009, 08:04 »
That's a western secret now exposed.