Author Topic: West Winnipeg - 2009 / Ivy & Jules  (Read 82328 times)

Offline bccs

• Phanatic
  • Old Bird
West Winnipeg - 2009 / May
« Reply #202 on: May 06, 2009, 19:25 »
And not a peep from any of us to disturb, annoy or reveal any location ideas.  :-X :-X

Offline Liz

• Phanatic
  • Old Bird
« Reply #201 on: May 06, 2009, 19:14 »
Oooh, three eggs -- how exciting!   ;D ;D  Go Jules and Ivy! 

Offline allikat

• Phanatic
  • Old Bird
« Reply #200 on: May 06, 2009, 18:41 »
Excellent news about our WW pair and their 3 eggs.  WOO HOO!!
It's also wonderful that the management is excited as well.  Very happy to hear that!

Hope you can work your magic TPC to help Jules and Ivy out... :-*

Offline Moonstar

• Phanatic
  • Fledgling
« Reply #199 on: May 06, 2009, 15:05 »
So excited and happy  :D that there are 3 eggs here.  Hopefully all goes well and no one disturbs them.

Offline bev.

• Phanatic
  • Old Bird
« Reply #198 on: May 06, 2009, 13:09 »
that is great that buildings owners and management are excited about having the falcons there. that is one step in the right direction. :)h

Offline The Peregrine Chick

• Administrator
  • Old Bird
    • Peregrine Falcon Recovery Project (Manitoba)
« Reply #197 on: May 06, 2009, 11:06 »
I should also mention that the building's owners & management have requested that we not publicize the location of the pair for the birds' security and the building's.  They are very excited about the birds and want to make sure they are safe.  So all is well so far, just not "advertised".

Offline bev.

• Phanatic
  • Old Bird
« Reply #196 on: May 06, 2009, 09:50 »
I hope you are able to do what you can for them for their nesting safety. 
that is great . 3 eggs :) :)
I think you are going to be able to eat all the sundaes you want this summer as you will be running like H--- ;D ;D

I for one totally understand why you would not want to publicize their location.

Offline carly

• Phanatic
  • Old Bird
« Reply #195 on: May 06, 2009, 07:09 »
We are planning to help the birds out a bit with their nest so hopefully that will improve their odds of hatching out their eggs.  We don't have all the details worked out yet, these things take time to organize but I will let you know what we plan to do and how it goes, no worries.  Photos too as we have them.

I hope everything goes well and your plan is successful.  No doubt both Trey and Ivy are keeping you busy and challenged this year...!

Offline maggieblue

• Past Member
  • Fledgling
« Reply #194 on: May 06, 2009, 06:56 »
Jules and Ivy are nesting not anywhere we wanted them to.  But they are in the drivers' seats and they have chosen a less than perfect location.  Not a problem for us like Trey's & Princess' location, just not ideal for incubating eggs/brooding young chicks.  But they have three eggs as of yesterday and so far, so good.  They are out of the weather so no worries there. 

;D ;D ;D Whoopie, 3 eggs  ;D

Offline The Peregrine Chick

• Administrator
  • Old Bird
    • Peregrine Falcon Recovery Project (Manitoba)
« Reply #193 on: May 05, 2009, 22:54 »
Okay, I'm a bit late with this, meant to post today but didn't have computer access until now.  Here's the latest ... Jules and Ivy are nesting not anywhere we wanted them to.  But they are in the drivers' seats and they have chosen a less than perfect location.  Not a problem for us like Trey's & Princess' location, just not ideal for incubating eggs/brooding young chicks.  But they have three eggs as of yesterday and so far, so good.  They are out of the weather so no worries there. 

We are planning to help the birds out a bit with their nest so hopefully that will improve their odds of hatching out their eggs.  We don't have all the details worked out yet, these things take time to organize but I will let you know what we plan to do and how it goes, no worries.  Photos too as we have them.

Last note - we officially will NOT be publicizing the location of this nestsite.  This is primarily to ensure the safety of the peregrines and their chicks.  As I mentionned, this is not an ideal nest location and we don't intend to make it any more difficult for the peregrines.  We will make every effort to provide you all with updates and photos but this is as much as we can do this year.

Offline allikat

• Phanatic
  • Old Bird
« Reply #192 on: May 05, 2009, 18:34 »
Once again Dennis...great photos! 

I envy the people that live in that building.  I couldn't imagine what I would do, actually I would stare and watch in awe, if the peregrines were mating a couple of feet in front my me.  What an opportunity to watch wildlife happen right in front of your eyes and not on a webcam!

Offline photosbydennis

• Project
  • Old Bird
    • www.pbase.com/photosbydennis
« Reply #191 on: May 05, 2009, 06:36 »
New photos added for the West-end Birds.
http://www.pbase.com/photosbydennis/west_wpg_peregrines

Offline allikat

• Phanatic
  • Old Bird
« Reply #190 on: May 04, 2009, 20:56 »
Oh Dennis...you're such a teaser!

Offline photosbydennis

• Project
  • Old Bird
    • www.pbase.com/photosbydennis
« Reply #189 on: May 04, 2009, 20:51 »
 ;)

Offline allikat

• Phanatic
  • Old Bird
« Reply #188 on: May 04, 2009, 20:25 »
I just hope that TPC has some news on whether or not this pair is nesting!!!